Antartica Vol.1

Phil671

Hello everyone.

After being flying during a while on the way back to Rothera, after landing  some objects on the scene are up in the air....

Any idea?

In advance thanks for the support.

FlightSimulator_EzzuUdrtYm.jpg

Yes, have seen that elsewhere in other sceneries as well, particularly when there's new elevation data involved. Usually the effect is gone after a while.

For me it rarely took more than 30 secs so I have never had the chance to play around with settings that fixed it.

As an idea if it isn't gone after a while for you: Play around with the scenery settings. For example by setting the buildings to very low and then back to your higher previous setting again to force a reload of the objects on proper elevation.

Bests,

Sascha

11 hours ago, Phil671 said:

Absolutely, except that i was flying with the PC-6 from Milviz...

Ok, just to verify:

What does this screen look like on your side?

image.thumb.png.a0304a76981a0dc2a6c47c100c6e4743.png

Just need to know your exact settings so I can check and see if something about hovering objects is different then. If that's the case I guess we'll have to make a report to MS/Asobo on a buggy treatment of object elevations with streamed content switched off. But first I'd like to verify that.

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil671 said:

Hi @Sasa

Here it is

Thanks!

Ok but that means that your data streaming is switched on as for the majority of all other users. So what you're seeing is not related to that.

Have you been able to play around a bit with the Graphics->Buildings slider to force a reload or the 3D models? And how long do they last hovering up in the air before MSFS successfully recalculates their correct position?

Just in case you have the time to fly again and trying to replicate it of course (though it may very well be possible you won't be able to replicate again as with so many other small bugs that show up now and then in MSFS).

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 1

Hi Sasa.

what i´ve notice since (so maybe is my PC specs) is , if i point the camera somewhere else and i go back to the initial view , building , object are back in place and "vice versa".

But yes, i will try that and i´ll let you know.

One more time thank you for your time and the support.

14 hours ago, Phil671 said:

if i point the camera somewhere else

Ahhh... yes! That's very likely related to the offscreen terrain pre-caching that has been introduced in one of the recent updates.

If you have that set to a low level, MSFS will only maintains a simple terrain outside your view, which was supposed to be for performance improvements needed for XBox I believe.

MSFS will then need to recalculate the terrain level when you turn, which may cause objects to remain at the elevation level of the simplified "offscreen terrain" until the recalculation is done. The objects you have shown are right next to a steep ridge, so of course they are likely candidates to be affected by this.

Bests,

Sascha

• Like 1