How to import and load an addon profile for Honeycomb

SimWare

• Aerosoft

How to import and load an addon profile for Honeycomb

This tutorial shows the basic steps to load an addon from the Aerosoft downloads server and import it into the simulator.

Here is the link to the available Honeycom profiles.
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/category/126-honeycomb-profiles/

The procedure is 99.99% the same for all the simulators.
--->We will use the PMDG 737 NGX and Prepar3D for this tutorial.

STEP 1
Download the PMDG 737 NGX profile : 
   https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5993-pmdg-ngxu/&_fromLogin=1

STEP 2:
Load it into the configurator 

* Select "Actions"

* Select "Settings"
* Select "Import Profiles"
* Click "Select Files" and choose the downloaded profile from the location it was saved to.

* Check "PMDG_NGX(u)_Throttle 
* Click the button below "Import Profiles"
image.png

STEP 3
Activate PMDG (Only for PMDG profiles of course)
image.png

STEP 4 :

Disable simulator default bindings.
---> This is very important to avoid multiple assignments
           in the simulator and in the configurator !
           NOTE : Disabling the default bindings DOES NOT affect the axes !

image.png

STEP 5 :
Select the PMDG profile :
image.png

STEP 6 :
Activate it : 
image.png

STEP 7:

Start P3d and load the PMDG 737 NGX : 
image.png

STEP 8 :
Make sure you get the profile loading confirmation.
This may not be immediate, especially with the PMDG as the systems loading akes some times.
image.png

You are all set !

• 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Eduardo Passos said:

SimWare, very sorry for not answering soon but things are tough here in Brazil and sometimes I don't deal efficiently as I should.

Like now.

Tka for this

Hi Eduardo,

No worry !
Hope the tutorial has helped.

Take care.

One last but very important question => How do I deal with both Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle altogether?

Usually I fly QW787 and begin flying PMDG 738 NGXu. There are profiles for both hardware (AY & BT) here in Aerosoft's, You helped me a lot to activate PMDG NGXu profiles through Honeycomb Configurator.

Since there are Profiles for Alpha Yoke & Bravo Throttle for both PMDG & QW I really don't know how to make them work in P3D5. From what I verified there could be some changes inside every profile to attend my (anyone btw) needs.  Like assigning actions to specific buttons.

PS: I have Aerosoft's A320/321 & A330 but still a long way to go before flying them.

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Eduardo Passos said:

One last but very important question => How do I deal with both Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle altogether?

Usually I fly QW787 and begin flying PMDG 738 NGXu. There are profiles for both hardware (AY & BT) here in Aerosoft's, You helped me a lot to activate PMDG NGXu profiles through Honeycomb Configurator.

Since there are Profiles for Alpha Yoke & Bravo Throttle for both PMDG & QW I really don't know how to make them work in P3D5. From what I verified there could be some changes inside every profile to attend my (anyone btw) needs.  Like assigning actions to specific buttons.

PS: I have Aerosoft's A320/321 & A330 but still a long way to go before flying them.

Hi Eduardo,

I am not sure to understand the question.
As a general rule, when using multiple controls, you need to make sure that no redundant (multiple) assignments exists.
This is valid for the standard "default" assignments in the simulator but also for any published "profiles"

Thses assignments and profile are usually programmed as if the control for wich they are intendedwas the only one in use.

If your question is how to load yoke and throttle profiles from the Configurator into P3D, please see the video hereunder : 

Best regards.

Will try to be more specific

Downloaded profiles for Alpha Yoke & Bravo Throttle and imported them.

Activate Bravo Throttle and configurate it to my needs using an imported profile (from here) as base => is it allowed or I'm doing something forbidden? If it is I'm very very sorry!!! 

Now this profile is active.

Then I change to Alpha Yoke ==> printscreen

What will happen with my BT?

Sorry if my questions seems a bit dumb but I'm really trying to become better and so I request help from you and all people that really make the simulation community much better (or at least me!!!)

A question about key; => printscreen 2 

When creating a CUSTOM VAR it request a key (L,K,A...) => is there any implication by choosing one and not the other? => printscreen 3 as example of my question

Tks again for your enormous patience

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi Eduardo,

Please check the full sequence for loading multiple devices here : 

Regarding the custom variable, you need to know if it is an Local variable, an HTML variable or an event.
This depends on the addon and its capabilities.

Best regards.

You really have been helping me a lot and sorry because my questions seem dumb to someone that shows how easy it is to use Configurator.

Just so I can understand your last words about custom variable in Local variable, an HTML variable or event

I don't know if you have QW787 (but principles are the same, aren't they?)

printscreen 1 => QW787 Sim Builders Kit

In LNAV button #1 | LVars and Events | Value/Range there are 2 options:

1) an ap_lat_mode_clicked with Values/Range = 6

2) a KEY_AP_NAV1_HOLD with Values/Range = Event 

which I think (may I be right otherwise I'm dumbier than I thought!!!) works as the same thing with different names and values => I chose option 1)

printscreen 2 => my Honeycomb configurator with some assigned action.

printscreen 3 => options to use with CUSTOM VAR

printscreen 4 => profile downloaded here at Aerosoft's for PMDG_NGXu_Throttle for my PMDG 737NGXu

printscreens 5 & 6 =>

if I choose:

option 1) above in value I set 6 ?

option 2) above => KEY_AP_NAV1_HOLD is exactly what I must write in name and in value I set Event?

I can't even show how grateful I'm for your immense help. I uploaded images so you can understand visually what I'm trying to tell you

Archived