Rothera Station

dresoccer4

16 hours ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

I can concur with the weird terrain loading issues when approaching Fossil Bluff. The terrain loads in squares in front of me, and disappears in squares behind me again.

Flying at around 2000 ft.

I have seen what you describe, but only in developer mode, not in normal flight.

Here's an example of how look things here. Still flying over MSFS default terrain approaching Fossil Bluff in the distance. There is a certain point in the distance where MSFS unloads low resolution satellite imagery in favor of higher resolution landclass texture (red arrow) but it's barely visible.

Please login to display this image.

I don't think it's a problem related to Antarctica Vol. 1 but MSFS by default. Still it would be nice if we could find out what's causing it for you so we could report it to Asobo/MS. Here are my settings for reference:

Bests,

Sascha

5 hours ago, Sasa said:

I have seen what you describe, but only in developer mode, not in normal flight.

Here's an example of how look things here. Still flying over MSFS default terrain approaching Fossil Bluff in the distance. There is a certain point in the distance where MSFS unloads low resolution satellite imagery in favor of higher resolution landclass texture (red arrow) but it's barely visible.

I don't think it's a problem related to Antarctica Vol. 1 but MSFS by default. Still it would be nice if we could find out what's causing it for you so we could report it to Asobo/MS. Here are my settings for reference:

Bests,

Sascha

For me it's much more pronounced (edited out beta plane).

I'm not using Dev mode. Running full ultra settings, with 2 changes to the usercfg.opt file (buildings and terrain LOD set to 7.0 instead of 2.0)

I'm running live weather, maybe that makes a difference due to ice buildup? Not sure.

The effect is like a blocky terrain circle under the plane that moves along with the plane.

12 hours ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

Running full ultra settings, with 2 changes to the usercfg.opt file (buildings and terrain LOD set to 7.0 instead of 2.0)

Ok, that's definitely the heightmap that's only loading close by - not the landclasses.

To double check: That effect disappears once you are a few miles out in either direction (where the heightmap doesn't exist anymore), correct?

Did you try to revert back to LOD settings officially supported by MSFS? It may very well be possible that MSFS has problems loading the proper heightmap LODs by using a hacked (and to my knowledge therefore not sufficiently tested/approved) setting.

If that doesn't help, I need your full settings please so I can see if I can make this problem show up here as well.

Bests,

Sascha

Archived