Airport Sandnessjøen-Stokka (ENST, SSJ) not appear in game after install

Alphaeus

Hi there,

Last night I purchased this airport through the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-game marketplace and it's not appearing in game. When I spawn, it's still the default airport and scenery.

I've tried re-installing and restarting my sim. I went into the Official folder in the Steam game folder and confirmed that the airport downloaded. I even tried removing my Community folder.

I would appreciate help with this! Thank you!

• Administrator
On 9/24/2021 at 8:24 PM, Dopster198 said:

Hi @Tom would you mind sharing that possible solution here too? I’m experiencing the same problem with this scenery.

edit: I’m using the MS Store version, and downloaded the airport from the marketplace 

Hey, sorry for the late reply. If the scenery shows up as installed in the content manager but you don't see it when you load in as described in this thread, it could be due to either an authentication issue, a mod, or a corrupted package. Could you please try following the steps here to see if this helps at all?

Hi @Tom, I've no luck with this at all. Just to report back what I've tried:

- Made sure the folder was completely gone from the OneStore folder

- Deleted Contents.xml

- Deleted SceneryIndexes for good measure

- Renamed Community to __Community, and creating a new empty Community folder

- Re-download the scenery from the Marketplace, and restart the sim.

- Verify scenery is present in Content Manager - it is.

- Once restarted, started a flight at ENST. No result. Still the same default scenery

Next attempt was some of the steps outlined in the MS Support Link you sent:

- Initial steps same as above

- Then sign out of the game, XBox and Microsoft store

- Restart computer

- Sign back into all three services again

- Redownload the package

- Verify the package does exist in the OneStore folder. It did, and all seems to be there.

- Restart the sim

- Scenery present in the Content Manager

- Start a flight from ENST - still default scenery

- Check Contents.xml - no entry for this scenery. It's like it will not add, index or recognise this scenery.

The short story - I can download as many times as I want, and it shows as 'Installed' in the content manager, but it will not show up in game.

I'm quite disappointed and not sure what else to. I've have dozens of other sceneries and planes installed from the Marketplace and have not come across this before.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is an issue in the manifest.json or something? Maybe it chokes on special characters? Maybe it doesn't like the 'ø' character? Who knows.

I would consider asking a refund but it's a pain in the bum, and it'd rather just have this sorted instead.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Dopster198 said:

- Snip -

Hey,

Thanks for providing that info. Could you please quickly confirm if you happen to be running either a Windows 10 or 11 insider build?

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft
14 minutes ago, flybert said:

i have the same problem here. did you find any solution to this?

Not really as it is obviously a install issue and that is all handled by the MS Marketplace. Perhaps Microsoft found a solution.

thank you for the response.

i have many other airports from their ingame store, though. they all install just fine, except this one. must be something special to this airport.

• 1 month later...

Ingame store is a real trap. Buy and download directly from manufacturer, only then do you get manufacturer support. With Microsoft, you have to line up as #67557 for support.

Archived