Trim keybinds not working with CRJ

Hello, i have been trough the manuals and i feel like i am more or less ready to try the tutorial flight. However i have a problem that makes me hold off for now. My problem is that i cannot make any button, keyboard nor joystick, work for the elevator trim controls. I have checked that there are no other buttons selected that could interfere with the trim. I currently have it bound to "elevator trim up (nose up)" and "elevator trim down (nose down)" But it does not function. I am still able to change the trim by using the mouse to click on the trim control on the yoke, that works, but as you can imagine, its a bit difficult to use during flight. I also made sure that it was only related to the CRJ, i am able to use my buttons to control the trim in other aircraft, just not the CRJ. I really hope you can help me with this issue, so that i can finally enjoy this awesome aircraft.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Mindfulcrane07 said:

I use the Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick and Throttle (Joystick POV for trim) And yes, they work in the defualt MSFS planes. 

-edit: i have also tried binding keyboard commands, it does not work either.

Hi Mindfulcrane,

- Do you have FSUIPC or any other third-party interfacing program installed ?

- Can you make sure no other control has any axis or button assigned to any trim function ?

- Can you send me a screenshot of the trim assignments in the simulator ?

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi Mindfulcrane,

- Do you have FSUIPC or any other third-party interfacing program installed ?

- Can you make sure no other control has any axis or button assigned to any trim function ?

- Can you send me a screenshot of the trim assignments in the simulator ?

Thank you.

I do not have FSUIPC, and i do not believe i have any other interfacing programs installed

I have gone through all control bindings and as far as i can see, i only have the two buttons on my joystick

as requested here is a screenshot

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
24 minutes ago, Mindfulcrane07 said:

I do not have FSUIPC, and i do not believe i have any other interfacing programs installed

I have gone through all control bindings and as far as i can see, i only have the two buttons on my joystick

as requested here is a screenshot

Hi,

These are the right assignments.
Are you aware that when thrimming with a button or the keyboard, you will NOT see the trim button move
in the CRJ ?
You will only see the stab trim indicator change on the PFD : 

Best regards.

8 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi,

These are the right assignments.
Are you aware that when thrimming with a button or the keyboard, you will NOT see the trim button move
in the CRJ ?
You will only see the stab trim indicator change on the PFD : 

Best regards.

No i was not aware, i just loaded up a flight and it works... I feel a bit stupid now, i must have missed it chaning on the PFD when i tried ealier, i even looked.

Well anyway, thank you very much! Now i can load up the tutorial flight and get this wonderful module going.

• Aerosoft
1 minute ago, Mindfulcrane07 said:

No i was not aware, i just loaded up a flight and it works... I feel a bit stupid now, i must have missed it chaning on the PFD when i tried ealier, i even looked.

Well anyway, thank you very much! Now i can load up the tutorial flight and get this wonderful module going.

No problem, you are welcome.
It is indeed a bit unexpected compared to stock planes where you clearly see the trim wheel moving.

Best regards.

Archived