Honeycomb Bravo CUSTOM NAME gets truncated!

I am a new user to X-Plane 11 and also to Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo.  My problem is in attempting to program the autopilot selector switch and the Decr Incr functions.  After setting the switch Variable Name to "INT:SELECTOR,string" and the Value to "ALT" or "HDG", I 'apply changes' and Close.  When I reopen these settings I find the Variable Name in each case is truncated to "INT".  Note that I have only populated these two functions (HDG and ALT) for expediency.  I have been wrestling with this for most of the day so any help would be appreciated.

Note to the Moderators:  If I  have posted this in the wrong section please correct and accept my apologies.

Respectfully,

Richard

Hi Ben and thank you for your assistance.  I followed your suggestion and created a new profile from the default and everything works perfectly!  It even corrected a couple of other quirks that I was experiencing.  I think that my 'learning' activity must have corrupted the settings.  I think I need to start over and create a new profile from scratch.

Again, thanks for your help,

Richard

A follow-on question of the Noob variety!  I am starting simple with X-plane's C172.  Using the Bravo Configurator I have created, from a copy of the default profile, a new profile which I called "C172 6pack".  I have loaded it and activated it within the Configurator but how do I get it to appear so that I can select it from  X-plane's profile?  That leads me to my next question - is there a printed (pdf) manual for beginners like myself?

Again my thanks,

Richard.

• Aerosoft

Hi Richard,

the profiles you are creating via the Configurator are completely independent from the X-Plane control system. Thats why you will also never see your "C172 6pack" in the X-Plane menu. You also have to make sure that there are no double bindings between the two control assignment methods. As soon as you have activated a profile within the Configurator and selected "Reload Bindings" from the Honeycomb  in-sim menu its bindings will be active regardless of what you do via X-Planes control assignment method.

Regarding learning resources, there are some sticky posts on the top of this subforum, plus we also have this channel with some introductory videos.

Archived