CRJ constant freezing

Martyn Brinton

Hi!

I can no longer fly the CRJ in MSFS because of a freeze that happens every 24seconds and lasts around 4 secs.  It's really weird!

I only have this issue with this aircraft.  If I swap to another, same location, etc, all is fine.  Using stock livery and happens with both the 550 and 700

Anyone else experience this and possible solutions?  Tried with a clean Community folder and still the same.  Happens in any flight phase from starting-up from cold n dark to cruise, etc.

I've deleted and re-installed the aircraft.

Thanks!

Martyn Brinton

On 18.9.2021 at 15:14, Martyn Brinton sagte:

no.  I use SPAD.next

As far as I know, SPAD.next uses FSUIPC for specific features. So maybe it got installed with it?

On 18.9.2021 at 13:30, Martyn Brinton sagte:

I can no longer fly the CRJ in MSFS

This implies that it worked before. Did you change anything?

I'm having the same issue.  Frames just drop down to 0 in the entire client.  What I am noticing is my gpu usage goes all the way down to 0-2% and then back up to 80% when the fps is restored.

I am running on an Intel i5-9600k / AMD RX 570 8gb / 16 gb DDR4

Ok, just saw the caviat in the General Discussion (no support). Ok, now where should I go to discuss technical issues with the product?

Just an update:  Ran the CRJ with no third party software.  No Problems.

I am only having the issue when running the OnAir client. That being said, the CRJ is the only plane I have this particual issue.  I did a clean install on all software and drivers.  Still having the issue.

16 hours ago, SinusJayCee said:

As far as I know, SPAD.next uses FSUIPC for specific features. So maybe it got installed with it?

This implies that it worked before. Did you change anything?

SPAD.neXt does not require or use FSUIPC for specific features.  You can "chose" to enable communication between the two and have SN issue commands through FSUIPC.. However it does not need it for anything to do with MSFS and especially the CRJ which is pure L:VARs...

SPAD.neXt also does not install FSUIPC ever... there is no way to accidentally install this.

13 hours ago, Serial_Seth said:

Ok, just saw the caviat in the General Discussion (no support). Ok, now where should I go to discuss technical issues with the product?

Just an update:  Ran the CRJ with no third party software.  No Problems.

I am only having the issue when running the OnAir client. That being said, the CRJ is the only plane I have this particual issue.  I did a clean install on all software and drivers.  Still having the issue.

So that means YOUR problem resides with OnAir and they should be your point of contact for this issue.  AS cannot be expected to make sure that they operate with anything other than MSFS.  OnAir is selling you a product that is supposed to work with your aircraft and apparently doesn't.  Therefore get them involved.  

I never have had a stutter issue, however I am very particular about what I run on my platform.  I also test EVERYTHING the moment I install them.  I do not mean I fire up the sim and fly a VATSIM/VA flight.  I mean I test the install before I do anything else.  If I have problems, I already know it is the latest installed whatever (plane, scenery, airport, livery, silly addon X)

This is a perfect example of why people need to stop blaming whatever plane they are currently flying for problems.  In ALL cases it is PROBABLY NOT THE PLANE. 

• Aerosoft

Well I am the product manager and one of the 'inventors' of OnAir.  So let me defend that product here. OnAir does is unable to cause this issue. It just listens to what is send on the simConnect channel. It does not write, it does not influence the sim and is simply unable to cause this issue unless simconnect is corrupt. And I just checked, over 95000 hours where flown with the CRJ in MSFS using OnAir this month (OnAir is a real sleeper, it is wildly successful project not many people talk about). So let me say we are pretty sure there is no fundamental issue there.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Well I am the product manager and one of the 'inventors' of OnAir.  So let me defend that product here. OnAir does is unable to cause this issue. It just listens to what is send on the simConnect channel. It does not write, it does not influence the sim and is simply unable to cause this issue unless simconnect is corrupt. And I just checked, over 95000 hours where flown with the CRJ in MSFS using OnAir this month (OnAir is a real sleeper, it is wildly successful project not many people talk about). So let me say we are pretty sure there is no fundamental issue there.

Well crap, now I have to go see what OnAir is all about.  Thanks Mathijs.  My wife supposedly grounded me from spending any more money on "my toys".  I may have to make manual additions to the honey do/buy list now.

On 25.9.2021 at 04:46, LesOReilly sagte:

SPAD.neXt does not require or use FSUIPC for specific features.  You can "chose" to enable communication between the two and have SN issue commands through FSUIPC.. However it does not need it for anything to do with MSFS and especially the CRJ which is pure L:VARs...

SPAD.neXt also does not install FSUIPC ever... there is no way to accidentally install this.

Thanks for information! I just saw that FSUIPC is required for supporting the Wilco Airbus and sometimes installers offer to install third-party programs for convenience. Or maybe the OP has been using SPAD.neXt with the Wilco Airbus in FSX without being aware that this may affect MSFS as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got back to trying this.  It's def when  I have OnAir running.  CRJ is smooth as when I load up and just fly.  As soon as I run OnAir and click start tracking I get an immediate freeze, followed by the freeze around 24seconds.

No issues with onAir with any other aircraft, so just going  to have to rent the A32NX haha

Martyn Brinton

completely emptying my Community folder is my next task.  But it is an irrefutable fact that at my pc, in my home, with my setup, as soon as I click the tracking button within OnAir, CRJ freezes instantly for 5 seconds and then  every 24 seconds.

I only get this with my OnAir and CRJ (and community add-ons) .  Not with any other aircraft.

let me say for me it's just one of those things and does not stop me loving the CRJ for my favourite flights from the UK into Switzerland.  neither does it stop me using OnAir which is my main add-on for my round the world trip.  Love OnAir and will not stop using it.

Martyn Brinton

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, SinusJayCee said:

I could imagine some interaction between OnAir, the CRJ and some currently unknown third tool. Did you try to empty the complete community folder and just run OnAir and the CRJ?

Most certainly not OnAir. The CRJ is one of the most used aircraft there.

vor 41 Minuten, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Most certainly not OnAir. The CRJ is one of the most used aircraft there.

I don't think so either. I suspect another tool to cause the issue with OnAir and the CRJ.

vor 4 Stunden , Martyn Brinton sagte:

completely emptying my Community folder is my next task.

You may also check the Windows task manager regarding running processes. Maybe there is something suspicious.

Deleted my community folder.  As a simple test, I don't start anything in the CRJ.  I just use my hat-switch to pan around the cockpit.  Whilst doing this I start OnAir and go to the tracking page.  Still panning around, no issues.  As soon as I click start tracking, the aircraft fuel and weight is loaded, the time is set and then a 5 second freeze to my panning.  Then it's released and I continue panning.  Appx 20seconds later another 5 second freeze.  

I do the exact same scenario in any other aircraft, all works as expected.  weird, but ho-hum one of those IT things - I was in IT for over 30 years, I've experienced a wealth of weird stuff with software.  I don't doubt it's my environment; this thread was really to get some possible ideas, but for me, OnAir and CRJ is just not a pairing I can use.

Please this is no criticism of either of the software.  OnAir is my goto flight companion.  I'm doing a round the world trip landing at every country capital (that has an airfield) and with onAir I've had some amazing diversions to places I would not have visited.  I love it!

Martyn Brinton

OnAir is using FSUIPC to connect to MSFS, doesn't it? Did you disable autosave for FSUIPC?

I thought this was already ruled out, but after going through the discussion again, I noticed that we only ruled it out for SPAD.next but not for OnAir.

vor 17 Minuten, Martyn Brinton sagte:

I don't use FSUIPC (internally OnAir may), but it is not running on my system.  However, I do have OnAir set to auto save in the settings - worth a try to disable that though.

According to the OnAir manual, at least the freeware version of FSUIPC needs to be installed to run it. However, I'm not a dedicated expert for this topic and don't know if there is a separate GUI to configure FSUIPC. So I would at least try to disable autosave in OnAir.

@SinusJayCee you may have nailed it.  Just did a very quick turning off auto save within OnAir and the CRJ did not freeze as soon as I engaged tracking.  Will try a proper test tomorrow, but thank you so much!

Martyn Brinton

• Herman locked this topic

Archived