Frame rate and cheyenne

level135

I just bought this tremendous plane yesterday

I flew with her all the evening, everything was ok.

and today when I am in the cockpit I get only 10 fps and it's nearly impossible to handle it.

when i'm in external view, I get 24 fps.

Yesterday i didn't have this problème, and I didn't change my setting.

do you have an idea of what happens

• Aerosoft
I just bought this tremendous plane yesterday

I flew with her all the evening, everything was ok.

and today when I am in the cockpit I get only 10 fps and it's nearly impossible to handle it.

when i'm in external view, I get 24 fps.

Yesterday i didn't have this problème, and I didn't change my setting.

do you have an idea of what happens

is that in FSX or FS2004?

• Aerosoft
in FSX SP2

Win XP SP2

I don't have such a problem with the Twin otter

regards

Mmmm.... I would expect the VC to a bit slower as many gauges have to be updated, but a drop of 60% in framerate would only be understandable with very low scenery settings.

Could you give me some idea in your hardware and your scenery settings?

Hello Mathis,

My computer

Windows XP pro SP2

DX 9.0c

Intel Core2 duo E6600 Oc to 2.8GHz

NVIDIA 8800 GTS (640Mo)

4 GO DDR2 800 OCZ 5-5-5-15

EIZO 19" 1280*1024

setting

1280x1024x32

24 fps

Global text res very high

Plane very high but ground shadows not selected

scenery :

detail level max

complexity 78

mesh to 38 meters

texture to 1 meter

water to low 2.x

auto gen to extremely dense and dense

special effect to midle

meteo real

traffic

20 % - 30 % - airport traffic to midle

raod trafic to 10%

ship 40 %

boats 40 %

With this setting i get 24 fps over seattle with the Twin Otter in VC

and even with the cheyenne the first time I flew her, but now when I am in VC with the cheyenne only i get between 5 to 10 FPS

I tried to uninstal and reinstal her but no changes

I don't understand what heppend

I forgot to say

sound blaster XIFI Xtreme

I use to fly with the saitek Hotas and Pedestal

and trackIR4, and there are many addons on my FSX among them

several France VFR scenery

Orbix FTX scenery south australia

X graphic

Etc

I have a system with similar specs - one thing I found was that setting frame rates to "unlimited" gave much better performance overall. Previously I had frame rates capped at 20 FPS, assuming that this would leave some system resources for AI traffic, scenery updates and the like, but the reverse turned out to be true. I think there possibly is a bug in the FPS limiting algorithm in FSX. Or perhaps this is specific to Vista (or to my system).

I seem to remember that not using "plane casts shadows on itself" is another way to increase system performance.

Of course, this doesn't explain why you had a sudden drop in FPS - did you fly in the same part of the world with the same weather and light conditions?

Tom

I have the same problem; external view 20 fps with no problem at all, inside VC 8 FPS :shock:

I have no problem at all with other planes also with sliders at maximum, only Cheyenne and DO27 (a little less) give me this drop of frame in VC. My PC hates Digital Aviation addons? :cry:

I'll test with unlimited frame and no casting shadow :?

E6700

2 GB

8800 GTS

FSX SP2

XP SP2 with all updates

I guess i tried about everything to get back the frame rate i've lost.

it's not like if I'd low FPS each time I flew the cheyenne.

During the five first hours I flew her, everything was going well.

effectively the DO27 is also an FPS killer, but I get 20 FPs with her in the same setting, and over the same landscape, for now the wonderful FTX scenery, Tasmania and South Australia.

But thank's for all your suggest

yessss,

I get 40 FPS now, much better.

The problem realy came from FSX.cfg !!!

But I don't know why.

thank's for your help

I gonna spent 5 weeks in Italy ans Sicily in april, to discover your beautiful country, Vigilius

best regards

Ciao buonasera

yessss,

I get 40 FPS now, much better.

The problem realy came from FSX.cfg !!!

But I don't know why.

thank's for your help

I gonna spent 5 weeks in Italy ans Sicily in april, to discover your beautiful country, Vigilius

best regards

Ciao buonasera

You'll see that Sicily is wonderfull! I live in the North (Bergamo LIME near Milan) and I have seen only 2 times, the last in 2006, but it's always fantastic! (Etna volcan is a masterpiece of nature). But all Italy is beautifull :wink:

About FSX it seems that sometime the FSX.cfg corrup itself and I don't know why, but often deletes it solve the problem :shock:

Hi,

I wouldnt mind doing this to see if it makes a difference to my system. Can you talk me through how you delete FSX.cfg and let FSX create a new one?

Will this lose my logbook or any other data?

regards,

It's easy. All you have to do is find the fsx.cfg file (it will be in a different spot in XP than in Vista, so just use "find" if you don't know where it is). Once you've found the file, delete it. The next time you start FSX, it will automatically build a new one. If you're nervous about doing this, just make a backup of the original instead of deleting it (rename it something like Backup_FSX.cfg).

You will lose your saved default flight, FSX graphics and sound settings, and custom key controls (they're all easy to put back). You will also lose any changes or modifications you've previously made to the .cfg, too, of course.