When is the next release? COM2 transmit still not working

Tbo

Hi,

Does Aerosoft communicate on their next update date? Any ETA? Some sort of Planning? Or anything related to their work progresss? 

What's the communication policy in place?

And is COM2 transmit will finally works?

• Deputy Sheriffs
31 minutes ago, Tbo said:

Does Aerosoft communicate on their next update date?

No, Aerosoft never communcates something like that. Things can change so quilckly.

Example: You announce the release of product XYZ for the 4th October. Then the sim gets an update a few days before and this update unexpected introduces major problems and you cant keep the release date and you dont know how long it will take to get things fixed. And this happened quite frequently in the past with any sim.

So what you will see are previews up coming releases, it will be communicated what is planned, but you will not hear "we release product xyz on date xyz" or next week...."

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, fixing the radio stack would be great. It already initializes in a weird state with all the knobs on, but even then it’s impossible to make COM2 do anything useful. I usually use COM2 for staging departure or ground frequencies to alleviate workload during high-pressure situations, or to get the ATIS, but that’s just not a possibility today.

Depending on where you take the CRJ today, you’ll also hear a ghost ATIS you can’t get rid of (for example, near SFO). I think there’s a COM3 that hasn’t been disabled in the CRJ that’s constantly receiving.

All in all, the radio units need a significant overhaul.

23 minutes ago, MikeB54 said:

To change COM3 go to page 2 of the Radio page. I routinely change that to 121.5 to get rid of the unwanted ATIS. 

There was a page 2 this whole time???

🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It seems the last test were successful. 

I'm happy to hear that this appears to be one of the fixes for the next update. Do you know if anything else has been changed with the radio controls? I admit I'm not sure how they're supposed to work but I think the general feedback is that some of the controls are backwards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Time for pruning. All comments not an informative answer to the OP's question about a COM2 issue are hidden (not deleted, so mods can still see them). Thanks to those who stayed on topic.

Mathijs provided an update in the last day and that's all that will be said about status until he, as Program Manager, has something new to add. No need to ask, as his reputation demonstrates he updates things quickly when there's something worthwhile saying.

Also, this isn't the place to debate how Aerosoft chooses to communicate progress. Those are internal decisions, made with full awareness to the range of "what other developers do" and customer opinion, and not open for review. Thanks for understanding and moving on.

Archived