Honeycomb & AFC bridge not appearing in add-ons for P3Dv5/ PMDG

Good day,

I recently purchased the honeycomb BRAVO throttle quadrant and seem to be having issues down to a very basic installation level as nothing seems to be working.

Basically the only thing i can do is edit the axis/button controls through P3D directly (I know the correct way to do this is through the configurator but after that did not work [LED's also not working] i tried through P3D to check it was not a hardware connection issue).

After reading the previous topic that has been closed on this issue & trying everything from there and YouTube, I'm short of ideas on how to get the bridge between P3D and the Bravo working.

I seem to have the latest updates and everything (Honeycomb v2.1).

The quadrant doesn't seem to be working even when using a generic P3Daircraft.

Initially I tried the Bravo on P3Dv4, this did not work so i decided to uninstall and upgrade to v5. Still no luck.

I've added my "add-ons.cfg" file. However this file wasn't in the same location as it was suggested to find in previous threads.

My file Location: C:\ProgrammeData\LockheedMartin\Prepar3Dv5...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Raymond 

add-ons.cfg

• Aerosoft

Hi Raymond and welcome to our forums,

for some reason, the bridge module has not been registered correctly in your add-ons.cfg. Please try replacing it with my altered one and see if you get it to work. An indicator for correct loading would be if you get a "Honeycomb" subentry in your P3Ds "Add-Ons" menu.

add-ons.cfg

Hi Ben,

Thank you very much for your help! I replaced the file and everything seems to be working with the 737NGXU. 

two questions:

I now see the honeycomb under add-ons. when would we need to use the 'reload bindings' function?

Lastly, the main reason i bought this was to use for the pmdg 777300ER. As far as i can tell the 777 profile on the aerosoft website for the throttle quadrant is for the 777-200. Would this profile work on the 777-300ER or is there details as to how i could edit this profile to work with the -300ER?

Thank you again

• Aerosoft

Hi Raymond,

nice that this problem got solved. The "reload bindings" currently needs to be used, in case you are activating a different profile via the external HC Configurator. Only "reload bindings" makes it the active one for the current simulator session. In the upcoming version 2.2 this step won't be necessary anymore, as there will be a direct link between the HC Configurator and the simulator.

How far the T7 profile also works for the -300ER...I cannot really tell you. But my guess is that all the Bravo switches and autopilot LEDs "should" be fine. Maybe there is some inconsistencies with the other LEDs, though. If you try it out and find any problems...just let me know in here and we will see if we can work something out.

Archived