T.O.D. 2

dresoccer4

Still wanting to figure out why my T.O.D. timer isn't present as shown in the tutorial. As you can see in the screenshot below, the MFD timer shows the TOD will be reached in 5 minutes and 37nm.

Please login to display this image.

However as seen below my TOD countdown is missing. But the TOD green circle on the map is present so it knows where the TOD is and is therefore programmed in the FMS. Any advice?

I believe it only appears when you are within a certain percentage of your cruise remaining. 

For example in the screenshot you shared, you are about 100nm away from your TOD which in the CRJ I imagine is quite a large majority of your cruise?

Does it not show when you get closer to your TOD?

52 minutes ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

I believe it only appears when you are within a certain percentage of your cruise remaining. 

For example in the screenshot you shared, you are about 100nm away from your TOD which in the CRJ I imagine is quite a large majority of your cruise?

Does it not show when you get closer to your TOD?

Are you sure that's true? Why would it not tell you your T.O.D. no matter where in the course you are?

9 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

Are you sure that's true?

I wasn't sure on specifics so I looked it up for you - from the Collins FMS 4200 manual (as used in the CRJ):

Page 2-124 if you're interested in taking a look yourself.

FMS-4200 Flight Management System (wordpress.com)

I think it would be safe to assume Aerosoft have tried to emulate this behaviour in the aircraft. I've certainly never seen it show all the time. If you want to see it at any time you can always use MFD DATA.

4 hours ago, BobbyFuzzy said:

I wasn't sure on specifics so I looked it up for you - from the Collins FMS 4200 manual (as used in the CRJ):

Page 2-124 if you're interested in taking a look yourself.

FMS-4200 Flight Management System (wordpress.com)

I think it would be safe to assume Aerosoft have tried to emulate this behaviour in the aircraft. I've certainly never seen it show all the time. If you want to see it at any time you can always use MFD DATA.

thank for the info that's good to know. but unfortunetly doesn't help with my issue because the T.O.D countdown line on the MFD never shows up, even <50nm. If you take a look at the 3rd post in this thread you can check out another screenshot I posted where the T.O.D. green circle is about 30nm from my location

@dresoccer4 Only other thing I can notice from these screenshots that is non-normal is that fact you are in ALT at FL321. Judging that your selected altitude is FL320, I assume that is your cruise altitude as set in the VNAV page. I wonder if this is something that is throwing the system off. 

Usually during cruise you would be in ALTS with your set VNAV cruise altitude selected and captured.

I noticed such a feature that if there is another point of the route (a turning point) between the moment of the appearance of the line with the countdown to TOD and the point TOD, then when this point is passed, the countdown stops, freezes.

1 hour ago, avdden said:

I noticed such a feature that if there is another point of the route (a turning point) between the moment of the appearance of the line with the countdown to TOD and the point TOD, then when this point is passed, the countdown stops, freezes.

I'm not sure if that's the exact trigger -- that should be very helpful to fix if it is! -- but I too have often experienced the countdown freezing. For this reason I have to hit the MFD DATA button to switch up the view but hopefully this gets fixed.

I'm having the same issue. When I do the tutorial flight I get the time/distance to TOD but I've never managed to get it in any other flight. It would be interesting to know under which circumstances this information is presented because from my perspective it seems like it's hard coded for just the arrival used in the tutorial.

Even when it shows, I'm finding that the calculation is off. The time displayed is shorter than the actual time to reach the TOD.

Additionally, the MFD DATA page also shows the TOD, but with a completely different time.

21 hours ago, zenit_swe said:

Well, the last couple of flight I actually got the time and distance to TOD showing up. I think you have to clear all discontinues and vectors in the flight plan for it to work.

no discontinuities. just a route and an approach. all altitudes filled in and correct. perf page filled in. i dont know what else needs to happen for it to work

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

no discontinuities. just a route and an approach. all altitudes filled in and correct. perf page filled in. i dont know what else needs to happen for it to work

Oh darn. Let's hope @Jonas S. comes back with an answer soon then, I'm really curious about this myself.

I've Found the trick is to type over an already published altitude restriction. Eg. Take a WP on a STAR or any waypoint and type in the same alt that was already there. I usually look for the lowest single altitude to retype. once i click exec wolla now you have a calculated and displayed TOD.

Dave

On 9/19/2021 at 10:51 PM, zenit_swe said:

it seems like it's hard coded for just the arrival used in the tutorial

I’ve seldom had issues with it appearing so I can confirm that is not the case. 

6 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

just a route and an approach. all altitudes filled in and correct. perf page filled in

What route was it? Can give a try when I’m next on. Assume also VNAV page(s) filled in?

thanks for the comments everyone. seeing Jonas' replay it sounds like it may be an issue on the addon's end instead of the user's end. But it's odd that it seems some people can get it to work and not others. Guess we'll wait and see what the devs say

Archived