Bravo Toggle switches and Leonardo Maddog X

Using the hardware button assignment tab that's in the Maddog X's Load Manager, I've been able to assign the Bravo's FCU buttons to A/P. However, I'm not able to assign the toggle switches, most likely because they exceed the number of buttons that Leonardo's app can recognize, so I need to us the AS configurator. However, I can't get the toggle switches to work using Leonard's rotor brake codes. Has anyone gotten the Maddog X to work with the Bravo and can provide some guidance?

Thanks

5 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Airbadger,

What are the variables used by Leonardo Maddog X ?

Are these Lvars ?

Best regards.

I'm attaching a PDF of their commands, which look like rotor brake codes to me. There isn't any documentation explaining how to use them, unfortunately. 

List of Commands (4).pdf

• Aerosoft

Hi Airbadger,

These look like Lvars.

There is a possibility to use custom Lvars in the configurator.

Perhaps these from the Maddog will work too.

To interface a custom Lvar, you need to do so :
Under "Variable" you have to select CUSTOM, and then you can select L as a type and manually input the name.

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

@SimWare Thanks! I think I'm one step closer. The Configurator isn't throwing an error when I use the LVAR, so that's good, but I'm not getting a reaction in the sim. I feel like I've got it set up correctly in this screenshot. I posted to Leonardo's forum as well to see if other users with the Bravo can help. 

• Aerosoft

Hi AirBadger,

in the .pdf you provided it looks like only what is depicted on page 3 might be LVars. The rest are custom key events, so your approach cannot work. What you can try instead is using the ROTOR_BRAKE key event together with the value depicted in the respective "DEC" column. Like so for "KEY AP FD1 SET":

But if that mechanism actually works for the Maddog you will have to find out for yourself.

2 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi AirBadger,

in the .pdf you provided it looks like only what is depicted on page 3 might be LVars. The rest are custom key events, so your approach cannot work. What you can try instead is using the ROTOR_BRAKE key event together with the value depicted in the respective "DEC" column. Like so for "KEY AP FD1 SET":

But if that mechanism actually works for the Maddog you will have to find out for yourself.

Thanks... I tried that as well and it still doesn't work. I'm quite confused. 

Archived