Missing settings overview for airbus throttle pack and thrust reverser problem.

First I want to say that I really like the airbus style levers. However I am missing an appropriate settings overview as with the Boeing style levers.

Having created the airbus profile from the standard Bravo Throttle profiled supplied, I find that the reverser doors (even in the Boeing) as depicted in setting no's 7 and 8 are not addressed properly. That is why I edited them to do nothing. Engaging the reverser doors to open or close actually addresses buttons one and 16, the latter is the red TOGA button which is also not properly assigned.

I would like really like to ask Aerosoft to at least create working base profiles for Boeing and Airbus, both for two and four engine models for X-plane (Windows and Mac and probably Linux).

25 minutes ago, Dornier728 said:

First I want to say that I really like the airbus style levers. However I am missing an appropriate settings overview as with the Boeing style levers.

Having created the airbus profile from the standard Bravo Throttle profiled supplied, I find that the reverser doors (even in the Boeing) as depicted in setting no's 7 and 8 are not addressed properly. That is why I edited them to do nothing. Engaging the reverser doors to open or close actually addresses buttons one and 16, the latter is the red TOGA button which is also not properly assigned.

I would like really like to ask Aerosoft to at least create working base profiles for Boeing and Airbus, both for two and four engine models for X-plane (Windows and Mac and probably Linux).

Try this: 

• Aerosoft

Hi Dornier728,

This will depend on the addon used as, according to the brand (developpers) the interface system will be diffrent.

What addon and what simulator do you use ?

Best regards. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Dornier728,

We can consider this of course for future developments.
However, the addons need to have adressable variable (Lvars) or comply with the MSFS functions wich is not always the case.

In the meantime, you can always experiment yourself with the configurator and documentation provided by the addons developpers.

Please see this tutorial about using custom Lvars with the configurator : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsMpADUerBE&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl&index=4 

And this one for Datatarefs : 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xRm4EpZMk&list=PL-CM2J7huv9GsJLInEaXS71CKKU_5g3Sl&index=7

Best regards.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been aware of these tutorials. But they don't help in any way and make things to complicated. I can only reiterate that Aerosoft as a service provider for Honeycomb should make all efforts to supply basic working profiles for those aircraft that are destined for the levers that are included with the hardware, namely when it comes to commercial variants for Airbus and Boeing rather than have everyone of your buyers get frustrated over the fact that this expensive does not work the way it is supposed to. 

If you are unable to provide these basic functionalities, how can you expect this from someone who is only an occasional user of the sim/controller hardware?

I don't consider this good service (after sales service) if you tell the user to experiment with the configurator. Sorry for being so blunt. I have invested nearly 500 Euros recently for controllers purchased from Aerosoft. So I really expect more effort from Aerosoft to solve these basic problems that a number of users are having.

• Aerosoft
51 minutes ago, Dornier728 said:

I have been aware of these tutorials. But they don't help in any way and make things to complicated.

I am very sorry to be blunt as well but they seem to be very effective for other users and seem to help them a lot. You have a lot of complaints but as you seem to lack some basic understanding of how aircraft throttle controls work (see you 'complaint that reverse only work when the revers levers are pulled) it is rather hard to explain things. If these videos do not help you, try some of the hundreds of other videos that explain these kind of things. 

Archived