A320 'connected' but unable to start session

Gareth Allen

It's probably the server needing to be reset again.  This is pretty routine, and the only way to reset the server is to email support / put in a support ticket.  If you're wanting to fly Connected Flight Deck during an online event, I recommend emailing support 4 days in advance and request they reset the server for you the day before.  Do NOT kill the messenger (I mean that).

49 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It's probably the server needing to be reset again.  This is pretty routine, and the only way to reset the server is to email support / put in a support ticket.  If you're wanting to fly Connected Flight Deck during an online event, I recommend emailing support 4 days in advance and request they reset the server for you the day before.  Do NOT kill the messenger (I mean that).

You’re the only one replying on here so would never shoot you haha.

but even Mathijs said he reset the server and it still doesn’t work, and then another support sent me this 

CFD is not supported for the Aerosoft A320 professional P3D version, as written on the product page. 

1 hour ago, jkatz098 said:

You’re the only one replying on here so would never shoot you haha.

but even Mathijs said he reset the server and it still doesn’t work, and then another support sent me this 

CFD is not supported for the Aerosoft A320 professional P3D version, as written on the product page. 

Well, I'm not sure who told you that Connected Flight Deck isn't supported for P3Dv4 or P3Dv5, but that simply is not true. Please tell me who told you that so I can get with them and bring them up to speed.

The original Connected Flight Deck (CFD) for FSX and P3Dv1 through P3Dv3 was Peer to Peer (your computer to another computer).  In other words, a direct connection.  This version of Connected Flight Deck does not work with the Airbus Professional (P3Dv4/v5).  Instead, there is a different version of Connected Flight Deck (same name, just, you know, to keep people confused... ;) )which is server based rather than Peer to Peer, therefore not Direct Connect.  Since you cited "create or join a session" and you're using P3Dv4/v5 I assumed that you were attempting to connect via the server based CFD system (via MCDU#3).

The server based Connected Flight Deck system uses a Tunneling Protocol, so your Firewall is bypassed and therefore your Firewall settings do not come into play.  If you have a working lnternet Connection, the only things that might prevent you from Creating or Joining a Session are:

1. The server needs to be reset again (it frequently does).  I'd rank this as 90% or better as the solution.

2. You are not correctly entering the required values in the MCDU CFD system. I'd rank this as 9.9% as being the problem.

3. I've ever seen this in many years of being a computer hardware engineer (in other words, it's HIGHLY unlikely), but you could have a problem with your Network Interface Card Tunneling Protocol, and troubleshooting this is WAYYYY outside of our support and must be done by Microsoft Windows Support or a computer service technician and/or the company from whom you purchased your computer. I'd rank this as .01% of being the problem. Note:  Some Internet Wireless Connections (wireless service to your home, not wireless from your router to your computer) prevent or otherwise have issues with Tunneling protocols. If this is the case, then you won't be able to use server based CFD. 

Establishing a CFD Session (covered in the provided documenation) is a three step process. 

A. You must first Click to turn on the Connection, and you didn't mention if you were able to get a Green "ON" when you did this.

B. Determine User Input Settings (Connection Type, Seat, Sync, Input).

C. Create a Session, the pass the Session ID and Password to the other party who will then Select JOIN SESSION.

That's it.

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Well, I'm not sure who told you that Connected Flight Deck isn't supported for P3Dv4 or P3Dv5, but that simply is not true. Please tell me who told you that so I can get with them and bring them up to speed.

The original Connected Flight Deck (CFD) for FSX and P3Dv1 through P3Dv3 was Peer to Peer (your computer to another computer).  In other words, a direct connection.  This version of Connected Flight Deck does not work with the Airbus Professional (P3Dv4/v5).  Instead, there is a different version of Connected Flight Deck (same name, just, you know, to keep people confused... ;) )which is server based rather than Peer to Peer, therefore not Direct Connect.  Since you cited "create or join a session" and you're using P3Dv4/v5 I assumed that you were attempting to connect via the server based CFD system (via MCDU#3).

The server based Connected Flight Deck system uses a Tunneling Protocol, so your Firewall is bypassed and therefore your Firewall settings do not come into play.  If you have a working lnternet Connection, the only things that might prevent you from Creating or Joining a Session are:

1. The server needs to be reset again (it frequently does).  I'd rank this as 90% or better as the solution.

2. You are not correctly entering the required values in the MCDU CFD system. I'd rank this as 9.9% as being the problem.

3. I've ever seen this in many years of being a computer hardware engineer (in other words, it's HIGHLY unlikely), but you could have a problem with your Network Interface Card Tunneling Protocol, and troubleshooting this is WAYYYY outside of our support and must be done by Microsoft Windows Support or a computer service technician and/or the company from whom you purchased your computer. I'd rank this as .01% of being the problem. Note:  Some Internet Wireless Connections (wireless service to your home, not wireless from your router to your computer) prevent or otherwise have issues with Tunneling protocols. If this is the case, then you won't be able to use server based CFD. 

Establishing a CFD Session (covered in the provided documenation) is a three step process. 

A. You must first Click to turn on the Connection, and you didn't mention if you were able to get a Green "ON" when you did this.

B. Determine User Input Settings (Connection Type, Seat, Sync, Input).

C. Create a Session, the pass the Session ID and Password to the other party who will then Select JOIN SESSION.

That's it.

It was an email from Florian Venus

I can pretty much eliminate #3 because I’ve tried it on my other computer and it still didn’t work. 

Can you confirm about renaming the file to get it to actually initially connect, because I can’t even connect. I got it to connect once by renaming it to something with “a330” but then couldn’t get it to actually create the session. Basically it appears if your file just says CFD.cfg then it never connects. If you rename it to cfd_a320.cfg or cfd_a330.cfg then it works but neither allow you to actually create a session, but that’s something that would be on the server end

1 hour ago, jkatz098 said:

It was an email from Florian Venus

I can pretty much eliminate #3 because I’ve tried it on my other computer and it still didn’t work. 

Can you confirm about renaming the file to get it to actually initially connect, because I can’t even connect. I got it to connect once by renaming it to something with “a330” but then couldn’t get it to actually create the session. Basically it appears if your file just says CFD.cfg then it never connects. If you rename it to cfd_a320.cfg or cfd_a330.cfg then it works but neither allow you to actually create a session, but that’s something that would be on the server end

I'll speak with Florian, I think he was confused between Connected Flight Deck versions.

To the best of my knoweldge, there is no need to change any of the configuration files and therefore they should be left alone.  There was a time some time ago when, during a period when we were migrating the server and had not yet updated the CFD.CFG files, we advised some guys to temporarily edit their CFG files.  This may be what you came across.  Instead, please ensure that you are running the latest version of the Airbus.  Depending on the version you currently have, you may need to download the latest version, then uninstall and reinstall the Airbus using the procedure noted at:

Best wishes.

All is working now, maybe aerosoft should create a reset server function that happens periodicailly once a day?

When loading from the fuel planner and then initiating the load from MCDU3, is the fuel and printout meant to sync accross the connected flight deck?

I also got mine to work, so it must have been the server reset (though I also had to rename the file). 

We were having problems in the flight deck itself which was solved by changing from static IP in the TCP/IP v4 settings (windows 10 network settings) to dynamic IP. And it seems that the "sync diplays" needs to be off. What does "SYNC DISPLAYS" do? And what does "DUAL INPUTS" mean?

Cheers,

1 hour ago, Gareth Allen said:

I also got mine to work, so it must have been the server reset (though I also had to rename the file). 

We were having problems in the flight deck itself which was solved by changing from static IP in the TCP/IP v4 settings (windows 10 network settings) to dynamic IP. And it seems that the "sync diplays" needs to be off. What does "SYNC DISPLAYS" do? And what does "DUAL INPUTS" mean?

Cheers,

Nothing you tried would make a difference.  It was the server being reset.  I'm saying this purely so that others wouldn't bother with doing those things.

Sync Displays will sync the NDs between PF and PM Inputs.  Dual Input is covered in the documentation, which can be searched by using Control-F.

So, basically, it was the server being reset that made the difference.

Best wishes!

Archived