Quite questionable physics... CRJ700

Ok, so planned a flight on Simbrief, used the export tool, loaded everything into the CRJ (weights and so on I got from OnAir), did the PERF, FPLN, DEP/ARR and so on and so on - all went well.
Started the APU, remembered to switch on the necessary lights (to the best of my knowledge) - all went well.
Started the engines and did the taxi - again, everything went just fine.
Had my flaps set for take off, then going down the runway, at about 100kts indicated, a +-3kt wind started throwing the plane around like mad, same as a 13kt wind does with a Cessna 152. Yes I had quite a bit of weight on take off, well within the limits tho.
So I did get up in 1 piece and figured I'd let the AP pitch to maintain my set speed, that didn't work, it went to a nose dive at 1st then to a 6000 or so fpm climb right to stall speed - ok, I'll take over and set up the climb with the VS mode.
once I get that all sorted, I was up at cruise ALT in no time at all and the AP shot past about 500 feet then leveled out, fair enough I guess.
Descending via VNAV was fine right up to the ILS capture part, although ILS was captured, the nose constantly wobbled up and down quite badly till about 500ft above ground, I couldn't take it anymore and manually landed at about 100kts indicated, head wind of about 5kts, hmmm. then to make it a smooth landing, I didn't want to slam the nose down and instead let it slowly lower where to my surprise it did eventually touch the ground at about 55-60kts indicated and I was being flung quite violently left and right, the sensitivity was through the roof.
Taxied to the terminal and parked up. That all went well again.

I only have 1 livery mod for the CRJ and 1 light mod to make the lights a little brighter.
I don't have the PMS 750 or 530 installed.
I don't have any WT mod installed
I don't have any ''improved physics'' mod installed
I have a few payware mods, airports mostly and here and there a plane, like LFSB, LSZH, KEYW, the CRJ550/700, PMDG DC6, Piper IV, Seneca, so nothing that could in a any logical way make the CRJ a stol plane.

Anyone have any idea or experience something similar?

Thomas

Hi,

haven't seen this one, sorry to say.

Can you make sure that the FMA is indicating exactly what you want the AP to do ....
You might be missing something ....

Climb/descent in IAS actually works pretty good.

Try without the Livery Mod, too ... (Yes, honestly !)

Oliver

Archived