Tutorial Help

dresoccer4

Hello, I just got this addon and am trying to follow the tutorial PDF using the .pln file but having issues.

First off, do you load the .pln or .flt? What difference are they?

Second, in the tutorial PDF it shows the start area as Gate 36. However when I load the .pln you can't select ANY gates as starting spots! Only options are a list of GA ramps. If you zoom into the airport and select the gate as starting departure it totally resets the flight plan. If you load the .pln back, it won't let you select a gate for starting. Argh! lol

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT 1: also i'm trying to manually set up the weather exactly like the tutorial says (because loading file doesn't seem to set it?) but am having a lot of difficulty as the weather parameters in the tutorial cannot be set in the sim. For example you can't set clouds with base at 40,000 and tops at 42,000, it just won't let you do that. If you set top at 42000 then the highest it will let you set the base is 32,000! Which is a huge difference. The same goes for wind a frequency of 60 is impossible the max is 18? 

Please login to display this image.

• 4 months later...

I'm also having problems with the tutorial. Aerosoft lose me at that step unfortunately. The situation file does not work, and the weather parameters in the tutorial does not match the setting options in the current MSFS version. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

My suggestion is to simply set clear or maybe scattered clouds for your weather instead of trying to do the detailed customization noted. The idea is to get familiar with the CRJ and I found the effort to set up the weather called for not worth the time.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:04 AM, Herman said:

My suggestion is to simply set clear or maybe scattered clouds for your weather instead of trying to do the detailed customization noted. The idea is to get familiar with the CRJ and I found the effort to set up the weather called for not worth the time.

Ditto.  If you are in an unfamiliar aircraft, the last thing you want to be doing is worrying about weather.  Either setting it up or flying in it.  Learn the plane.  Also, READ THE MANUALS...

On 1/28/2022 at 12:55 PM, Crabby said:

Ditto.  If you are in an unfamiliar aircraft, the last thing you want to be doing is worrying about weather.  Either setting it up or flying in it.  Learn the plane.  Also, READ THE MANUALS...

if you actually read the OP then you'd see the weather setting literally comes from THE MANUALS

10 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

if you actually read the OP then you'd see the weather setting literally comes from THE MANUALS

I did.  I know.  I read the manuals and did the tutorial on EVERY version of this aircraft ever released.  If you are NOT familiar with any aircraft don't worry about the freaking weather.  In real life, if you are learning and you get to the airport you don't go flying if the weather is not optimal.  You don't need weather to learn the systems.  You need to fly the aircraft.  Setting up weather is part of learning the sim, not the airplane.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:51 PM, Crabby said:

I did.  I know.  I read the manuals and did the tutorial on EVERY version of this aircraft ever released.  If you are NOT familiar with any aircraft don't worry about the freaking weather.  In real life, if you are learning and you get to the airport you don't go flying if the weather is not optimal.  You don't need weather to learn the systems.  You need to fly the aircraft.  Setting up weather is part of learning the sim, not the airplane.

So people should 'read the freaking manuals' or get ridiculed by you, but they shouldn't do what is written in those manuals when it doesn't fit your narrative, got it.

7 hours ago, CRJay said:

So people should 'read the freaking manuals' or get ridiculed by you, but they shouldn't do what is written in those manuals when it doesn't fit your narrative, got it.

No, not my narrative.  Common freaking sense.  The weather for the tutorials is obvious eye candy.  You know that but can't man up.  The weather is not needed to fly the tutorial.  You also know that.  The weather has NOTHING to do with learning the systems.  You know that too.  I could go on, but why?  You know I am right about this issue, however you can't man up.  Just down vote and move along.  

22 hours ago, Crabby said:

No, not my narrative.  Common freaking sense.  The weather for the tutorials is obvious eye candy.  You know that but can't man up.  The weather is not needed to fly the tutorial.  You also know that.  The weather has NOTHING to do with learning the systems.  You know that too.  I could go on, but why?  You know I am right about this issue, however you can't man up.  Just down vote and move along.  

my dude, just stop while you're behind 🤦🏽. you're getting downvoted by people because you're both wrong and arrogant (the worst combo)

1) you must be new to this because weather is critical to learning to fly a plane. especially jets which commonly encounter very high wind speeds which drastically alters flight leg times

2) you keep contradicting yourself by saying "follow the manual and tutorials" while also saying "ignore part of the tutorial". see the cognitive dissonance here?

3) part of this post, specifically, is about letting Aerosoft know there's an issue in their tutorial as you're unable to set the weather (which, as we've established, is important) as indicated in said tutorial. Tutorials are meant to be followed exactly, so if there's a problem with it, I'm sure Aerosoft would like to know so they can correct it.

That is all. 

1 hour ago, dresoccer4 said:

my dude, just stop while you're behind 🤦🏽. you're getting downvoted by people because you're both wrong and arrogant (the worst combo)

1) you must be new to this because weather is critical to learning to fly a plane. especially jets which commonly encounter very high wind speeds which drastically alters flight leg times

2) you keep contradicting yourself by saying "follow the manual and tutorials" while also saying "ignore part of the tutorial". see the cognitive dissonance here?

3) part of this post, specifically, is about letting Aerosoft know there's an issue in their tutorial as you're unable to set the weather (which, as we've established, is important) as indicated in said tutorial. Tutorials are meant to be followed exactly, so if there's a problem with it, I'm sure Aerosoft would like to know so they can correct it.

That is all. 

BS

1. You do not study weather when studying systems.

2. I have always said READ the manuals.  READ.  Do you understand the difference between READ and FOLLOW?  I said ignore the WEATHER.  Not the tutorial.  The tutorial is NOT about flight leg times.

3. I don't care, irrelevant.  The post was being unable to do the tutorial because of weather.  That is not true.

I don't give two shakes about the downvotes.  Downvoting, especially done anonymously, is cowardice.  I don't care for cowards in any of their manifestations.  If you are unable to set the in-sim weather, that is YOUR fault or Asobos fault.  If ASOBO changed things after the manuals, then take that up with them.  

Now let me make this clear and simple for you to digest.  READ the manuals.  STUDY the manuals. LEARN from the manuals.  The tutorial is separate.  DO the tutorial, learn from the tutorial.  DON"T worry about the freaking weather.  The WEATHER has nothing to do with learning from the tutorial.  I challenge you to prove me wrong on that. 

My first sim was done by Bruce Artwick and published by Sublogic.  It was called FS1 Flight Sim or something like that.  I have owned EVERY PC based flight sim since then.  I have owned EVER version of the CRJ Aerosoft has ever published.  I have been a member of VATSIM since day ONE.  I have been a controller on VATSIM since day one, though I don't control any more.  I was a member of SATCO before that.  I have been flying in VAs since before the Internet.  So, no, I am not new to this.  On top of that I had a PPL with a ME and IFR endorsement.  What I don't have is craps to give about weak minded, weak spined, weak-willed people who take offense at being wrong and will go to unbelievable lengths to try to prove themselves right, even typing the tripe you posted above.  A good friend of mine just upgraded to captain at a large regional.  He spent, I think, three weeks doing systems simulations/tutorials.  You know what they didn't do?  Worry about the freaking weather while trying to learn the captain's required systems knowledge.  They worry about that when it comes time to worry about it.  Now, downvote little one and move along.

You know what else is NOT needed to fly/learn from the tutorial?  The situation file.  It is convenient, but wholly not required.  I have flown the tutorial from a completely different airport.  The only thing required to do the tutorial is do the freaking tutorial.  

Because we believe this topic has been answered by Crabby it could now be closed. If you have any more questions feel free to read the documentation, do not open a new topic because that will most likely upset him even more.

😉

• Deputy Sheriffs

This one has run its course. The OP asked for help on setting weather for the tutorial because the included file isn't consistent with the description in volume 3. There doesn't appear to be an updated tutorial file with the desired weather. I and others pointed out the weather in the tutorial description doesn't need to be used to run the tutorial, and in fact, it's better to have no weather (just use "Clear Skies"). That way, you can concentrate on flying the aircraft and not mess with any turbulence or other issues caused by the weather engine. Saves setup time too. Other comments notwithstanding, the best advice remains, just use the "Clear Skies" setting.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived