EDDB completely broken after WU6

Moridin

So I just loaded into EDDB at stand 9 and was quite surprised by all the construction work...

Purchased in MSFS Marketplace.

Uninstalled, restarted, installed, restarted, did not help.

Please login to display this image.

Launched MSFS. Deleted EDDB (LimeSim). Relaunched MSFS. Loaded into EDDB without the payware airport installed.

View:

Installed EDDB (LimeSim). Restarted MSFS.

View:

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, I'm not sure what problem you mean. And for comparing pictures it would be helpfull to have them with the exact same viewing point.

4 hours ago, mopperle said:

TBH, I'm not sure what problem you mean. And for comparing pictures it would be helpfull to have them with the exact same viewing point.

This is the stock Asobo airport in the pics, not the payware one from Aerosoft/LimeSim.

Yes.

So what I did last night, is fly into EDDB from EPKK, and I think everything loaded in correctly. Will try to verify today.

I had a similar problem with BIKF where half the airport didn’t load, though reloading into it again solved the issue.

Not sure what’s going on, but I read somewhere about someone suggesting I delete my content.xml file which should reindex the community folder. Anyone know if this is a good idea?

On 9/10/2021 at 7:29 AM, Moridin said:

Yes.

So what I did last night, is fly into EDDB from EPKK, and I think everything loaded in correctly. Will try to verify today.

I had a similar problem with BIKF where half the airport didn’t load, though reloading into it again solved the issue.

Not sure what’s going on, but I read somewhere about someone suggesting I delete my content.xml file which should reindex the community folder. Anyone know if this is a good idea?

I can say to you I "often" delete the content.xml in order to force the sim to "recreate" it from scratch.

First time you'll open the sim after such action will take a bunch of minutes to load but then works normally better.

Consider that everytime you may have installed a scenario/mod whatever...a line into this .xml file will be added by the sim.

Such line won't be "removed" if you later on uninstall a scenario/airplace or delete a mod.

The only way you have to do not have a "wasted" content.xml file is or to keep it manually updated (I won't do it) or to delete it and force the sim to recreate a new "addon list" from scratch based ONLY on what is in such moment into the community folder.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Andrea P. said:

I can say to you I "often" delete the content.xml in order to force the sim to "recreate" it from scratch.

First time you'll open the sim after such action will take a bunch of minutes to load but then works normally better.

Consider that everytime you may have installed a scenario/mod whatever...a line into this .xml file will be added by the sim.

Such line won't be "removed" if you later on uninstall a scenario/airplace or delete a mod.

The only way you have to do not have a "wasted" content.xml file is or to keep it manually updated (I won't do it) or to delete it and force the sim to recreate a new "addon list" from scratch based ONLY on what is in such moment into the community folder.

Cheers

Thank you for the explanation.=

Archived