Anyone have any issues after recent MSFS2020 update?

gord96

Vor 1 Stunde, gord96 sagte:

Hi all. I noticed there was a mandatory update yesterday for MSFS2020. Has anyone noticed any issues with the Aerosoft CRJ module since? Thanks!

2 Flights , no issues, except the known old ones ...

Oliver

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clément said:

I've been a bunch of CTDs with the CRJ after the update. Seems like is freezes MSFS when loading in. As soon as I select another airplane, no issues. 

What is the model of your CPU and is it a MS Store bought CRJ? ..... hoping the old CPU BMI 2 instruction support is not back.....

Just had my first CTD since the update when trying to do a flight in the CRJ 700 MSFS Store bought. God I wish I hadn't of done that. Otherwise the sim is smooth as butter. I will also say I was flying out of Palm Springs and I had changed my Render to 100 in game so that the night time lighting would be okay. As soon as we got off deck I was sent to desktop. No issues at all in any of the other planes I fly.

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

What is the model of your CPU and is it a MS Store bought CRJ? ..... hoping the old CPU BMI 2 instruction support is not back.....

i9-9900k not, from Aerosoft directly. 

I've done a few flights with the latest World Update and haven't experienced any crashes or new issues, just the same ones I've been waiting on for months. I've been lucky though in that I've never had the CTDs that so many people have reported both with the CRJ and MSFS in general.

Just attempted my first flight after the newest update. I was flying from Key West to Miami as I've done several times. ATC asked me to change the arrival runway, so I go to the "KMIA ARRIVAL" page, then I click "next page" to find the runway, and the aircraft seemed to 100% lock up on me, everything froze including all displays and it no longer flew the arrival. Never had any bugs other than the well known ones before, so it's the first time I've had this happen. Not too sure if this is isolated or if others have experienced it, I'll revisit it once I have some more time for a flight. 

Please login to view this video.

For all of those who are having "new" CTD issues.  Are you using the Aerosoft liveries?  Have you cleared everything from your Community folder except the CRJ?

Whenever there is an update at a minimum you need to clear rolling cache you are using it and move EVERYTHING out of the community folder.  You can then add things in as you need them in order to make sure things work.  You would be surprised how many times a CTD when you are flying a certain aircraft has NOTHING to do with the aircraft and everything to do with a livery, scenery or addon in community.

• Upvote 1

CTD again while sitting in a different payware plane while switching fuel cut off... yesterday all went ok while using Asobo default  plane...

update: CTD after about 20 minutes flying Asobo default plane (touched nothing while it happened)... seams the problem is at least not coming from the CRJ !

2 more flights today (CRJ) no issues. Lots of payware/freeware.

(old known issues: wrong turns while on star/sid even drawings on ND were correct, cutting/early turns enroute, FPL editing, sometimes, Direct to's).

Oliver

Thanks guys. Good info. Seems to be good after the patch. Only issue is last night on a flight from Key West to Veradero when the plane captured the glide slope on the approached she started to climb at like a 30 degree angle. Had to quickly disconnect AP and hand fly the entire approach. Not sure if that's related but the first time it happened.

thx, mine run stable again after editing some aircraft.cfg`s where i had to set "isAirTraffic = 0" (mostley new installed liverys i forgot about to check) also including some Asobo planes/liverys including those generic planes i dont like. Basicaly i use "ivao_x-csl" models only again. 

vor 23 Stunden , Bumpywindshear sagte:

the loading time before was very long (like loading the plane 1st time).

As far as I know, the files that are generated when loading the plane the first time need to be regenerated when a new version of MSFS is released.

vor 14 Stunden , Bumpywindshear sagte:

thx, mine run stable again after editing some aircraft.cfg`s where i had to set "isAirTraffic = 0" (mostley new installed liverys i forgot about to check) also including some Asobo planes/liverys including those generic planes i dont like. Basicaly i use "ivao_x-csl" models only again. 

I had some issues with CTDs caused by some third party liveries (not only for the CRJ) and models as well. My current solution is to use only ivao_x-csl models, all default Asobo aircraft (incl. the generic ones), and the default CRJ liveries for AI planes. So this was completely unrelated to the CRJ itself.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, vallson luciano said:

If I pause the sim. to change something in the sim settings(example graphics) then when I'm  back to the  fligth the engines are off.

I ran into this issue too.  I opened a support ticket

• Like 1

On 9.9.2021 at 16:16, Crabby sagte:

For all of those who are having "new" CTD issues.  Are you using the Aerosoft liveries?  Have you cleared everything from your Community folder except the CRJ?

Whenever there is an update at a minimum you need to clear rolling cache you are using it and move EVERYTHING out of the community folder.  You can then add things in as you need them in order to make sure things work.  You would be surprised how many times a CTD when you are flying a certain aircraft has NOTHING to do with the aircraft and everything to do with a livery, scenery or addon in community.

Hi Crabby, and others

that "move everything out of Community" has spread wildely amongst users.

There is a much easier way :    Rename that folder to like Comunityxx  (MSFS closed oc)

In this cas !  Move only the CRJ folder back to a new created "Community" folder.  In all other "clean out CommunityFolder"  cases, MSFS is creating a new empty one anyway

Once you're done rename the two folders back and youre done. 

Takes seconds, since its done on the same drive 😉

IN SOME CASES it is recomended (other MSFS forums) to delete ONLY the "m" files in :

xxx:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2604788356-4290646583-1899439974-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

The CRJ will recreate upon the next loading.

So far i had only 2 or 3 CTDs, BUT they were not caused by the CRJ. It was some incopatible livery and freeware scenery.

Happy flying

Oliver

4 hours ago, JetNoise said:

Hi Crabby, and others

that "move everything out of Community" has spread wildely amongst users.

There is a much easier way :    Rename that folder to like Comunityxx  (MSFS closed oc)

In this cas !  Move only the CRJ folder back to a new created "Community" folder.  In all other "clean out CommunityFolder"  cases, MSFS is creating a new empty one anyway

Once you're done rename the two folders back and youre done. 

Takes seconds, since its done on the same drive 😉

IN SOME CASES it is recomended (other MSFS forums) to delete ONLY the "m" files in :

xxx:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-2604788356-4290646583-1899439974-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\aerosoft-crj

The CRJ will recreate upon the next loading.

So far i had only 2 or 3 CTDs, BUT they were not caused by the CRJ. It was some incopatible livery and freeware scenery.

Happy flying

Oliver

Actually it is even easier to use Addonslinker and hit a button to remove the stuff from community, then hit another button to put them all back in, although I only add back in what I need/want for a particular flight and therefore gradually add everything back in. 

vor 7 Stunden , Crabby sagte:

Actually it is even easier to use Addonslinker and hit a button to remove the stuff from community, then hit another button to put them all back in, although I only add back in what I need/want for a particular flight and therefore gradually add everything back in. 

That is true, but thats using extra tools, lol...