MSFS WU6 update requested but not available in the Microsoft store

I have the Aerosoft CD version of MSFS Premium deLuxe - for the first time it claim that there is an update available in the Microsoft Store- but there isn´t ....how to proceed from here?

Appreciate any help

Have never had this issue before, now I am not able at all to launch the game....

Åke

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This got nothing to do with the DVD version.

Open your Microsoft Store App, login with the same account you activated MSFS in the store and then check for updates in the MS Store.

45 minutes ago, Akki said:

for the first time it claim that there is an update available in the Microsoft Store

You are wrong here. There have already ben several updates in the store.

Good morning,

I experience the same issue (also owning a DVD version). I login into the App, FS is shown as OWNED, normally it automatically tells me an update is available which I then can install. This time I don't have the choice but only to START the FS - which finally leads to picture shown above.

So there is no point where I can confirm or download an update.

Thanks for support.

Kind regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please try to start the Xbox app on your machine, get the MSFS details displayed, close it again and then start the Store app again. 

I understood from some discussions over at the MFSF forum that this helped for some users. 

44 minutes ago, mopperle said:

This got nothing to do with the DVD version.

Open your Microsoft Store App, login with the same account you activated MSFS in the store and then check for updates in the MS Store.

You are wrong here. There have already ben several updates in the store.

Well you misunderstood me...by extracting my wordings in a wrong way- what I ment was: I have had the boxed version from August 2020 and have made all updates in the store including quick fixes/patches without any problem but Today (for the first time) there is no Update available in the Microsoft Store- whatever I do resetting and restaring With the appropriate Account logged in ( the same I had all this year..)

I will now try Toms advice

51 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Please try to start the Xbox app on your machine, get the MSFS details displayed, close it again and then start the Store app again. 

I understood from some discussions over at the MFSF forum that this helped for some users. 

Thanks Tom- that was the solution! Not every mans understanding I can say though- had to install the Xbox App first and start it up, then the Store provided a small patch/update and started the Flightsim automatically. The WU6 takes obviosely place inside the MSFS. This is possible after having finally succeeded to update the sim to version 1.19.8.0

Thanks

Åke

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived