ILS loc needle not aligned?

Tbo

Hi,

Despite the plane capturing correctly the ILS on this screenshot the green needle is not aligned at all: https://gyazo.com/a8d0bd66f9e99e453e2412cd756874da

So this is just a visual bug.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's EDDB airport and I'm using navigraph data.

I also had this issue on other airports

Oh I see now! The course shouldn't be set automatically as per the chart? But I also might have rotate the knob inadvertly... I'll check on my next flight.

4 hours ago, Tbo said:

Oh I see now! The course shouldn't be set automatically as per the chart? But I also might have rotate the knob inadvertly... I'll check on my next flight.

If you wait until you are within the terminal control area, it will automatically tune the ILS frequency and set the course, provided you have set up the approach in the FMS. There is a specific distance at which it will set the course correctly but I don't remember at the moment and too lazy to dive in the manuals :P . But say roughly 30nm from the destination airport. 

You will usually be in white needles until coming on to the approach, but if you switch to green needles before the FMS has set the correct course, it will not happen automatically anymore.

vor 2 Stunden , CRJay sagte:

If you wait until you are within the terminal control area, it will automatically tune the ILS frequency and set the course, provided you have set up the approach in the FMS. There is a specific distance at which it will set the course correctly but I don't remember at the moment and too lazy to dive in the manuals :P . But say roughly 30nm from the destination airport. 

You will usually be in white needles until coming on to the approach, but if you switch to green needles before the FMS has set the correct course, it will not happen automatically anymore.

And IIRC , you will see aside from the FMS1 (NavSource)  a LOC1 green ...

Oliver

2 hours ago, JetNoise said:

And IIRC , you will see aside from the FMS1 (NavSource)  a LOC1 green ...

Oliver

It will be blue when it is loaded/set in the background, only green when it is the active navigation source.

Archived