Sim Wings Pro EDDM - Device Hung Errors

gollum65

Just purchased Sim Wings Pro Mega Airport EDDM for P3D v5.  I can't be near (or at) the airport in any payware aircraft (PMDG NGXu, 777, 747, or FSLabs Airbus) without getting a DGXI Device Hung error.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

32 GB RAM

AMD RX 6800 (16 GB of VRAM)

NOTE:  I CAN be at EDDM in the default F-35 that P3D loads into if I let it, but if I try to load any payware aircraft listed above, I get the error and have to quit P3D.  I can also load any aircraft up at any other payware, freeware, or default airport without issue.

NOTE 2:  There are NO errors showing in Windows Event Viewer, so I can't tell you if there was a P3D crash or if it's not related to P3D?

NOTE 3:  After installing Sim Wings EDDM I did run the Aerosoft Updater and it did update EDDM

Steps I've taken:

1:  Used Disk Cleanup to delete the DirectX Shader Cache, and also found and deleted the P3D Shaders from ..\user\App Data\Local\Lockheed Martin\Shaders folder

2:  Uninstalled EDDM and installed it into a new folder (c:\Aerosoft EDDM Install instead of the default....old Windows support trick).  I disabled my antivirus (Kaspersky Security Cloud Free...which never objected to the EDDM install in the first place, but I turned it off anyway)

Other than trying to reinstall my GPU drivers, I don't know what elxe to do?  And since all aircraft work perfectly at all other P3D airports, and all other software on my PC works fine, I can't see how the driver/GPU would be an issue.

This may have been caused by either Coutl (GSX) or Enhanced Atmospherics.  I've been running EA ever since P3D 5.2 came out and have not had any problems with it.  And regarding Couatl, there was an update this morning that broke Coutl (even if the dev says it didn't).  So now Coutl is off, and I turned off EA, and now I can load into EDDM in a pyaware plane.   P3D is SO picky sometimes!!!!

• Deputy Sheriffs

DeviceHung is a BIG problem of the sim. Just check the P3D site.

There was a discussion regarding device hung and our buses in this topic. All try and error. Maybe there is a solution for you:

Archived