Hi,

I'm just starting to use my honeycomb throttle and yoke and I was wondering if i have to run the configurator before starting P3d every time, or if you have a profile downloaded or created in the configurator once you have sent it over to P3d I can save it as a config in p3d and therefore do not need to run the honeycomb configurator before starting P3d

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Mazelda,

You don't need to start the Configurator each time.
Just make sure you activate your profile in the configurator, and it should load

automatically when P3D starts, even if the Configurator interface isn't running.

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

Many thanks

If after activating the profile and starting p3d I save that profile config in p3d that profile should be saved within p3d 

Therefore if I have several honeycomb profiles saved in the honeycomb configurator and those are transfered to p3d, saved as individual profiles in p3d does that cause any conflicts swapping between them in the flight sim?

• Aerosoft

Hi Mazelda,

Sorry, I don't quite follow you.

- 1 - The configurator profile (for buttons only - no axes) isn't saved in the simulator itself.
        The active one is loaded on simulator startup

- 2 - In the simulator itself, you have the possibility to import/export controls configurations.

---> These are two different and independant configurations systems.

I suggest you use the P3d controls configuration for the axes only and use the Honeycomb configurator for the buttons.

If an aircraft requires changes in both the axes and buttons schemes, you will have to change the 
honeycomb Configurator profile and the P3d  controls configuration.

Let me know if this doesn't anwer your question.

Best regards.

Yes that answers my question thanks

However,I cannot seem to get even the default profile to work in p3dv5. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Does p3d need to be running when i activate the profile ? 

When i start p3d my throttle quadrant shows up in the choice of controllers but none of the default profile buttons or lights work.

So it looks like the profile has not changed any of the button settings in p3d

I've been trying on default p3d aircraft, so any lvar's should not be causing the issues.

Hope you can advise

Many thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Mazelda,

The Configurator does not change the buttons settings in the P3D configuration display.
It happens "internally"

As to the starting sequence, here are very conservative steps.
They insure everything is loaded each time you play.

- Start the configurator

- Load the profile you want to use

- Activate this profile 

- Start P3D

- Load a flight

- There will be a green band on the upper part if the screen showing the loaded Configurator profile.
   (It may take several seconds before it appears)

REMEMBER : Always start the Configurator and P3D as administrator !

Best regards.

Ok thanks,

It looks like i have a problem then as i don't get the green bar at any time.So it looks like the honeycomb configurator is not linking to P3d

Should i have any entries in the addons.cfg for honeycomb? 

Anything else i can check?

Thanks

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, mazelda said:

Ok thanks,

It looks like i have a problem then as i don't get the green bar at any time.So it looks like the honeycomb configurator is not linking to P3d

Should i have any entries in the addons.cfg for honeycomb? 

Anything else i can check?

Thanks

Hi Mazelda,

Can you see anything related to Honeycomb in the Addons menu ?

Best regards.

Yes i have yoke, throttle and reload all bindings 5 in total

However when i select show bindings for throttle or yoke i get nothing

And ive tried a few of the buttons but getting no actions eg flaps up or down gear up or down 

• Aerosoft
9 minutes ago, mazelda said:

Yes i have yoke, throttle and reload all bindings 5 in total

However when i select show bindings for throttle or yoke i get nothing

And ive tried a few of the buttons but getting no actions eg flaps up or down gear up or down 

Hi Mazelda,

What Configurator profile is loaded and what plane is in use ?

Thank you.

Ok, interesting,

I made copies of the default throttle and yoke and using the honeycomb configurator  activated them then started p3d.

Nothing worked.

Ive just tried again but using the original default profiles and this time it worked.

Is it possible then that if you make a copy of a profile it does not always save the various bindings.

Scratching my head here all strange 

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, mazelda said:

Ok, interesting,

I made copies of the default throttle and yoke and using the honeycomb configurator  activated them then started p3d.

Nothing worked.

Ive just tried again but using the original default profiles and this time it worked.

Is it possible then that if you make a copy of a profile it does not always save the various bindings.

Scratching my head here all strange 

Hi Mazelda,

If you make a copy, the bindings are supposed to be copied to.
It maye be a read/write issue.
Please always make sure to start Configurator and simulator as administrator.

What I suggest, as a test, is to make a profile from scratch with only a few recognizable and easy bindings

and try it it works.

Best regards.  

Hi,

Well i think i've got it fixed.

I deleted the configurator and started from scratch and created a couple of test copies of the yoke and throttle.

This time it all worked perfectly, although ive not added any new bindings yet all the default keys and led's look to have copied over.

I can only assume i had a corrupt install of the configurator.

But this time it all seems good

Thank for the help

• Aerosoft
7 hours ago, mazelda said:

Hi,

Well i think i've got it fixed.

I deleted the configurator and started from scratch and created a couple of test copies of the yoke and throttle.

This time it all worked perfectly, although ive not added any new bindings yet all the default keys and led's look to have copied over.

I can only assume i had a corrupt install of the configurator.

But this time it all seems good

Thank for the help

Hi Mazelda,

Glad it now works.
Difficult to say exactly what happened, but I suspect some sort of Read/Write permission issues

that a new fresh install probably solved.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other question.

Best regards.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived