ILS 27 approach at Bristol (EGGD) from Pilot Plus

I was flying the ILS 27 approach to Bristol by Pilot Plus yesterday. I was vectored direct to CI27 early, for a long final, by ATC (VATSIM).

The CRJ correctly captured the LOC and GS but at around 5 DME, it suddenly lost the GS and LOC and just fell out of the sky. Barely managed to save it but turned off AP, TOGA, and got it under control.

Any ideas what happened?

• Moridin changed the title to ILS 27 approach at Bristol (EGGD) from Pilot Plus

When you say ‘lost’ LOC and GS, are you referring to lost of signal ( ‘red flags’ ) or just doesn’t remain centered in approach? What about your approach speed according your configuration ?

3 hours ago, Polo said:

When you say ‘lost’ LOC and GS, are you referring to lost of signal ( ‘red flags’ ) or just doesn’t remain centered in approach? What about your approach speed according your configuration ?

PFD showed them in green, correctly. Not blinking. Aircraft was a good 50 metres to the right of the runway at 1500-2000 ft. Approach speed was +10 KTS above Vref.

3 hours ago, Moridin said:

PFD showed them in green, correctly. Not blinking. Aircraft was a good 50 metres to the right of the runway at 1500-2000 ft. Approach speed was +10 KTS above Vref.

Remove the scenery and try again...  there could be a conflict with the scenery and the Data source ...

3 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Remove the scenery and try again...  there could be a conflict with the scenery and the Data source ...

I'll try tomorrow, thanks for the tip.

Archived