Society Questions

Hello! I just bought and downloaded the new Society Islands addons so will use this thread to ask questions that may arise.

1) First one: I already have ortho and airport scenery for the society islands and beyond, so am wanting to know exactly which grids the maps2xplane addons covers so I can delete my other scenery. Is it these below and nothing else or are there others? Also does this addon cover these grids fully? Thanks!

Please login to display this image.

2) i keep seeing these planes parked in a lot of the lots. is this intended? seems kinda out of place :D 

3) this may have something to do with question two. every time I load up NTTB all of the spaces are taken except F. and when i tried to load up parking spot G2 it had me crashed into a jet

vor 5 Stunden , dresoccer4 sagte:

I just bought and downloaded the new Society Islands addons so will use this thread to ask questions that may arise.

Thanks for your purchase. Of course, we are happy to be at your disposal if you have any questions!

1) First one: I already have ortho and airport scenery for the society islands and beyond, so am wanting to know exactly which grids the maps2xplane addons covers so I can delete my other scenery. Is it these below and nothing else or are there others? Also does this addon cover these grids fully? Thanks!

The scenery package "Society Islands XP - Bora Bora & Leeward Islands" covers the six tiles you've listed entirely. Mind, the scenery package does not only come with five airports and six helipads, but also a custom terrain mesh and custom overlays (vegetation, buildings, road-networks and sea-routes with dynamic traffic). Therewith, no need to install any additional scenery! If you already have installed additional scenery, you don't need to modify your existing scenery. Just ensure, that the three sub-packages "Society Islands XP - Leeward - Airports", "Society Islands XP - Leeward - Overlays" and "Society Islands XP - Leeward - Terrain" are placed in your "Custom Scenery" folder, and that they are listed on top of your scenery_packs.ini (in aforementioned order and above all other scenery you've installed for the region).

2) i keep seeing these planes parked in a lot of the lots. is this intended? seems kinda out of place

Vor 1 Stunde, dresoccer4 sagte:

3) this may have something to do with question two. every time I load up NTTB all of the spaces are taken except F. and when i tried to load up parking spot G2 it had me crashed into a jet

Just checked all of the Ramp Starts: They are configured with the correct (intended) type and airline. But if I recall correctly, XP will load alternative static aircrafts if it cannot find a suitable one for the configured type and airline. I'm not sure whether there is any way we can influence that and the amount of static aircrafts spawning. You can disable "static aircrafts" in your XP settings when you're unhappy with what XP is doing here. I will, however, try to find out more about this (background: I am focused on the development of the landscape, Albert on that of the airports - he can certainly say more about this specific XP behavior and what we control and what not).

3 hours ago, maps2xplane said:

Thanks for your purchase. Of course, we are happy to be at your disposal if you have any questions!

The scenery package "Society Islands XP - Bora Bora & Leeward Islands" covers the six tiles you've listed entirely. Mind, the scenery package does not only come with five airports and six helipads, but also a custom terrain mesh and custom overlays (vegetation, buildings, road-networks and sea-routes with dynamic traffic). Therewith, no need to install any additional scenery! If you already have installed additional scenery, you don't need to modify your existing scenery. Just ensure, that the three sub-packages "Society Islands XP - Leeward - Airports", "Society Islands XP - Leeward - Overlays" and "Society Islands XP - Leeward - Terrain" are placed in your "Custom Scenery" folder, and that they are listed on top of your scenery_packs.ini (in aforementioned order and above all other scenery you've installed for the region).

Just checked all of the Ramp Starts: They are configured with the correct (intended) type and airline. But if I recall correctly, XP will load alternative static aircrafts if it cannot find a suitable one for the configured type and airline. I'm not sure whether there is any way we can influence that and the amount of static aircrafts spawning. You can disable "static aircrafts" in your XP settings when you're unhappy with what XP is doing here. I will, however, try to find out more about this (background: I am focused on the development of the landscape, Albert on that of the airports - he can certainly say more about this specific XP behavior and what we control and what not).

thanks for detailed response! good news I did get all of the tiles to load correctly and it's looking fantastic.

about the statics, does this scenery have its own statics and I should disable the XP statics?

vor 13 Minuten, dresoccer4 sagte:

thanks for detailed response! [...] about the statics, does this scenery have its own statics and I should disable the XP statics?

You're welcome! And yes, you can disable static aircrafts, if you don't need them. Different than for #Seychelles4XPlane, this time no custom static aircrafts – but maybe with an update in the course of the "Tahiti & Windward islands" development. We'll see...

Archived