Venice X scenery

pierre fsx

Hum, 

Did not expect this type of reply from a software vendor. I do not ask if Aerosoft was supporting Venice X with P3D, I know they don't it is a FSX product. But because of the two sim similarity a lot of FSX scenery works fine in P3D.

Anyway I did find my answer on your forum and guess what Aerosoft will make a sale. 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129768-so-nice-ve-nice-in-p3dv4/

Thanks

Pierre Nantel

3 minutes ago, pierre fsx said:

Hum, 

Did not expect this type of reply from a software vendor. I do not ask if Aerosoft was supporting Venice X with P3D, I know they don't it is a FSX product. But because of the two sim similarity a lot of FSX scenery works fine in P3D.

Anyway I did find my answer on your forum and guess what Aerosoft will make a sale. 

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/129768-so-nice-ve-nice-in-p3dv4/

Thanks

Pierre Nantel

Hello Pierre,

My apologies, I didn't see your post until now.

There are some graphic differences between P3Dv4 and P3Dv5, so there could be some issues with using P3Dv4 files in P3Dv5.  With so many sceneries (this is is one I do not have) it's very difficult for us to know if something will work and sometimes difficult for us to know if there is a software mod.  Even when we know of a  mod we will usually make it clear that we (Aerosoft) don't recommend or support it unless the software developer who produced the scenery actually created the mod.  So while my good friend Otto's reply was short (he may have had a lot of customer support requests to clear), it is accurate.

If you have the time, would you please write back here and let us know how this worked out with P3Dv5?  I'm sure it would be helpful to others.

My very best wishes to you my friend!

Hi Dave,

The scenery work well with P3D V5.2. The only caveat is that the installer is looking for FSX, so lucky me I still had the FSX dvd's. I quick installation on a old PC and then I copied the Venice X folder to my PC where I have P3D. If you own the RFScenery LIPZ-Venice-P3Dv5, just followed the instruction that you will find in RFScenery LIPZ-Venice-P3Dv5\data\optional folder . But it will work without the RFScenery. 

After, just load Venice X in the scenery.cfg file. If you have a scenery for the LIPZ airport then the VENICE X should be below the airport one.

It will be nice if AEROSOFT fix the installer so it will not look for FSX, but rather let the user choose the installation folder.  The you could still sale this package for FSX & P3D v1-v5

Pierre Nantel

hi Dave,

I would like to make one correction 

26 minutes ago, pierre fsx said:

just followed the instruction that you will find in RFScenery LIPZ-Venice-P3Dv5\data\optional folder 

DO NOT FOLLOW THOSE INSTRUCTION, you need to keep more the 5 files they mention. Just delete in Venice X the files that are related to the LIPZ airport.

Keep those files:

Please login to display this image.

in the original package the ven3d_sp2.BGL file is name ven3d_sp1.BGL just rename to ven3d_sp2.BGL. You also need to put the scenery complexity option in P3D to extreme. 

This scenery is really a piece of ART, the details of the city are unbelievable. Also no impact on the FPS.

Pierre Nantel

5 hours ago, pierre fsx said:

Hi Dave,

The scenery work well with P3D V5.2. The only caveat is that the installer is looking for FSX, so lucky me I still had the FSX dvd's. I quick installation on a old PC and then I copied the Venice X folder to my PC where I have P3D. If you own the RFScenery LIPZ-Venice-P3Dv5, just followed the instruction that you will find in RFScenery LIPZ-Venice-P3Dv5\data\optional folder . But it will work without the RFScenery. 

After, just load Venice X in the scenery.cfg file. If you have a scenery for the LIPZ airport then the VENICE X should be below the airport one.

It will be nice if AEROSOFT fix the installer so it will not look for FSX, but rather let the user choose the installation folder.  The you could still sale this package for FSX & P3D v1-v5

Pierre Nantel

Actually, if you copy the Prepar3d.exe to a dummy folder, and then point the installer to it, it should work (the FSX.exe should not be needed by the installer).  If that doesn't work, you can simply rename the Prepar3d.exe to FSX.exe and that should work.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 9/4/2021 at 7:55 PM, pierre fsx said:

Did not expect this type of reply from a software vendor.

How do you come to the conclusion, that I‘m the software vendor?

2 hours ago, mopperle said:

How do you come to the conclusion, that I‘m the software vendor?

I'm fairly sure he knows your a moderator, and most of our customers aren't aware that we don't actually produce many of the Aerosoft products in house.  Anyway, that's my best guess brother.

Hope your are doing well Otto!

Archived