Configurator 2.1 beginner (rookie) tips

I am blown away by how giving and thoughtful this entire community is!  I am a newbie to the flight sim world and this community has made my experience truly great.

I heavily leveraged Heinz's instruction guide to set up my Bravo, but just couldn't seem to figure out that last little bit to get the autopilot knobs working correctly.  There were a couple of differences in my UI than what I saw in the videos.  I expect it's a versioning thing, but it was throwing me for a loop.  Bottom line, I figured out the problem and thought I would put a couple of screenshots here to help any other newbies through the confusion.

Bottom line, there were two key things I noticed.  First is an area called Condition-Link.  Still haven't figured out its use, but it was enough of a difference that it had my scratching my head.  Irrelevant to the knobs, but thought I would throw it in.  Second, and most important, is the search field for both the Variable and Condition areas.  I kept adding INT:FCU_SELECTOR, string into the search field and wondered why it wasn't saving.  Finally figured out that you need to first select CUSTOM NAME and then simply drop that text into the Name field.

Yes, before you say it, a total rookie move.  But hoping that this might help someone avoid a half hour of fumbling around on their own!

Thanks again to you all.  

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Thanks for your feedback, that can be helpful for other beginners.

Regarding the Condition-Link: if you have multiple conditions, this can define if they are linked togehter by "OR" or "AND". "OR" meaning, that the respective "Variables" will be executed as soon as at least one "Condition" is true. "AND" meaning, that the respective "Variables" will be executed as soon as all "Conditions" are true. 

Archived