Is There a Way to Create a key or button Assignment for the LDG ELEV Knob?

windowseat73

Hi folks, 

I'm hoping someone in here may know how to assign the LDG ELEV knob to keys or buttons. I really enjoy this jet, but I don't enjoy what I have to go through to set the altitude before each flight. It would be so much easier if I can just press a key or button and watch the elevation change on the display without having to look around so much. 

Thanks for your help, 

John

2 hours ago, windowseat73 said:

Hi folks, 

I'm hoping someone in here may know how to assign the LDG ELEV knob to keys or buttons. I really enjoy this jet, but I don't enjoy what I have to go through to set the altitude before each flight. It would be so much easier if I can just press a key or button and watch the elevation change on the display without having to look around so much. 

Thanks for your help, 

John

You would need software like AAO or SPAD.neXt that is going to allow you to bind the L:Vars for the knob to Joystick buttons or an Encoder....

Another option is that when you are going to perform the Landing Elevation adjustment you could Hold down the Right ALT Key (yes has to be the Right side Keyboard ALT key.....) and then Click on the Display that has the landing elevation information.  This will POP the display out for you while you look up and are able to then adjust the knob.

12 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

You would need software like AAO or SPAD.neXt that is going to allow you to bind the L:Vars for the knob to Joystick buttons or an Encoder....

Another option is that when you are going to perform the Landing Elevation adjustment you could Hold down the Right ALT Key (yes has to be the Right side Keyboard ALT key.....) and then Click on the Display that has the landing elevation information.  This will POP the display out for you while you look up and are able to then adjust the knob.

Thanks for that- I like the pop-out idea the best at the moment. 

Here’s another helpful tip since the CRJ has tons of slow turning knobs—If you hold the shift key while turning a knob with scroll wheel, the default value for that dial is doubled. For example, landing elevation goes up by 20 each tick. If you hold shift and scroll, it goes up by 40. Same for altitude (i.e. 100 becomes 200). 

This works for all knobs, including panel lighting and works on all planes. Makes life a lot easier. Cheers!

Archived