[FMS] Waypoints entered on FPLN page sometimes do not show up

Finally, I managed to track down some bugs in the FMS and found a way to make them occur reproducibly. Some of them may have been reported already. The current bug is causing some waypoints which have been entered on the FPLN to not show up. Once this happens you can not continue adding waypoints properly. The behaviour should be reproducible with the procedure below. It has been tested several times, so if you stick to it exactly, you should get the same results.

My setup:

Startup airport: EDDM
Aircraft state: after inital loading or after restart
FMS 2 (Copilot)): LEGS page (for comparison)
FMS 1 (Captain): FPLN page

On FMS 1
⦁    As ORIGIN enter EDDM and EXEcute
⦁    As DEST enter EDDH and EXEcute
⦁    Select NEXT PAGE
⦁    Enter waypoint WLD and EXEcute
⦁    Enter waypoint BURAM and EXEcute
Result: BURAM does not show up on the FPLN page. However, it is stored in the FMS, which can be seen on the LEGS page (compare with FMS 2). From this point on waypoints can no longer be added properly on the FPLN page as each additional waypoint will also be invisible - yet stored in the FMS. Even worse: On the LEGS page all waypoints are added before BURAM and in addition in an inverted sequence (last waypoint on top).
Workaround: To make BURAM appear on the FPLN page, put DELETE on LSK2L. Now you can continue adding waypoints.

⦁    Enter waypoint BOMBI and EXEcute
⦁    Enter waypoint MAG and EXEcute
Result: Same problem as above: MAG does not show up. Put DELETE on LSK4L to make it appear in the FPLN route list.

⦁    Enter waypoint HLZ and EXEcute
⦁    Enter waypoint GMH and EXEcute
Result: Yet another invisible waypoint on the FPLN page ... Proceed as before.

In this setup it seems to happen with every 2nd waypoint. I tested the routing only this far.

• 3 months later...

Dear AS Reps/Devs,

since you never responded to this report, I would like to know:

Can you confirm that

• you are able to reproduce this bug?
  • this is is on your bug tracking list?

Archived