LNAV Behaviour, obvious cause ?!

Just picked up the CRJ after some time, again, to see what's going on.. 

I've joined a HOLD and let the AP doing its thing. Well... I hope did something wrong myself. And if it's my fault what was it?

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

There should be a disclaimer on the sales page, *This Aircraft is beautiful but it will disappoint you. seriously devs, communicate on the progress of getting this fixed. If you are going to boast about the capabilities of this aircraft on the product description, at least make sure you can back it up. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just bought the CRJ for MSFS and discovered this issue. It’s the most money I’ve ever spent on a plane for the sim, coming from the A32NX thinking this would be even better given how good the A32NX FMS is and it’s freeware… The CRJ LNAV bugs are infuriating and it seems like there is no comment from Aerosoft for months? I feel disappointed.

• Upvote 1

I agree. Aerosoft shouldn't be releasing new products when their existing products have issues that, in some cases, make them completely unusable. This is a 50€ addon and the fact that it still has major issues one year after release is unacceptable.

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

This issue is NOT forgotten and is being worked on. However, in contrast to what people here report, we find it very hard to reproduce reliable and to fix it it needs to happen when the debugger is running on the system. We have no explanation why this issue seems very common on some systems and not on our system, but that is simply the fact. 

That other other products are being produced while this is still an issue might offend some people, but closing down Aerosoft until this issue is solved seems not the correct solution. We do not agree that this issue makes the whole project completely unusable however. At this very moment I see over a 100 CRJ's on the networks, so these people seem to be able to use the product. 

But please accept that this issue is not ignored and when the cause is found it will be fixed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

This issue is NOT forgotten and is being worked on. However, in contrast to what people here report, we find it very hard to reproduce reliable and to fix it it needs to happen when the debugger is running on the system. We have no explanation why this issue seems very common on some systems and not on our system, but that is simply the fact.

Can you replicate issues *without* the debugger? I've had some wonderful problems in the past all down to timing which live debugging has messed with...

I'll refrain from speculating & wish whichever poor sod who's been given the fixing job all the luck in the world. The rather awkward execution of the EGTE ILS-26 via EX1 arrival I posted a track image of on the previous page ( after bailing out of the holds ) is definitely repeatable for me if that's any help as somewhere to try as a start.

I have this with EVERY flight with sharper turns on airways … and not reproducable on ANY off AS systems ? 

other people have mentioned this has been an issue on other sim platforms for years ? Never reproduced ?? 

i use addon linker. Only MSFS with CRJ700 … not more … not less .. no fancy stuff or scenery .. just LNM on the background sometimes to post pictures of this “reno air race” CRJ. And i have the issue EVERY flight where the airways has sharp turns.

the issue even has been described very clear by a moderator on page 2 if u read back even stating a new system was being implemented  IN SEPTEMBER !! But not reproducable ???

The worse … no response from AS on this matter for months … i am a paying CRJ customer you know ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That other other products are being produced while this is still an issue might offend some people, but closing down Aerosoft until this issue is solved seems not the correct solution. We do not agree that this issue makes the whole project completely unusable however. At this very moment I see over a 100 CRJ's on the networks, so these people seem to be able to use the product. 

But please accept that this issue is not ignored and when the cause is found it will be fixed. 

Hi @Mathijs Kok, thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

Putting this differently, how can I, a MSFS CRJ customer, help you Aerosoft to fix this issue?

I have a couple of airports where I know I can reproduce the issue, would it be useful to share a video of my flight from startup through flying the SID so that your team can check if there’s anything strange going on and maybe recreate the same flight themselves? I can do so with an empty community folder (apart from the CRJ and navigraph) with clear skys preset default weather, and I can even show all my settings in this video?

I want to help fix this…

• Aerosoft

I will again discuss this with Hans and see if there is any reason why this happens all the time on some systems and not on others.  

Please keep in mind we are not saying in any way this does not happen, we just say Hans never got it while the debugger was running.  Having our test department do a lot of flights makes little sense as it needs to happen on the system of the developer. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That other other products are being produced while this is still an issue might offend some people, but closing down Aerosoft until this issue is solved seems not the correct solution. 

I would propose that the problem is not that you produce other products, but that you seem to rely on a single key developer for multiple products. Meaning one product like the CRJ is left in what I would describe as a fairly bug-riddled state by choice, while said single developer is off working on multiple other projects. Note that I am not saying it is unusable, but it is just not what it was claimed to be. Even 'normal ops simulation' is not quite possible and will have you encounter multiple issues. Add a lack of communication on top of that and it is just not a very good customer experience.

We are closing in on the anniversary of the CRJ for MSFS, but unfortunately also on the anniversary of some of the open issues of the CRJ for MSFS. And that is very disappointing.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, CRJay said:

I would propose that the problem is not that you produce other products, but that you seem to rely on a single key developer for multiple products. Meaning one product like the CRJ is left in what I would describe as a fairly bug-riddled state by choice, while said single developer is off working on multiple other projects. Note that I am not saying it is unusable, but it is just not what it was claimed to be. Even 'normal ops simulation' is not quite possible and will have you encounter multiple issues. Add a lack of communication on top of that and it is just not a very good customer experience.

We are closing in on the anniversary of the CRJ for MSFS, but unfortunately also on the anniversary of some of the open issues of the CRJ for MSFS. And that is very disappointing.

I totally agree.

• 2 weeks later...

How are the A/C behaving for everyone after SU8? behavior for me seems quite a lot worse when it comes to LNAV, generally much more weaving back & forth when trying to match track with the programmed course, and NDB ILS procedural approaches are turning into a nightmare - so many times the A/C is turning the wrong way back to inbound ( and even with APP armed the FD does not want to match GS much of the time, so I end up hand flying the entire approach ). What changed in SU8? there can't really be a timing issue connected to FPS or something, surely? because that's the main timing issue that I can see being different between people's rigs. Not that my FPS has changed much.

Probably should point out the DC-6 is also wandering around a bit more than it used to too.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Richard Dastardly:

and NDB ILS procedural approaches are turning into a nightmare - so many times the A/C is turning the wrong way back to inbound ( and even with APP armed the FD does not want to match GS much of the time, so I end up hand flying the entire approach )

Sorry mate, but i can not confirm this. All my ILS Approaches since SU8 (and mostly before as well) work fine. When something goes wrong, i can always find the mistake by myself.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Ha_Ma said:

Sorry mate, but i can not confirm this. All my ILS Approaches since SU8 (and mostly before as well) work fine. When something goes wrong, i can always find the mistake by myself.

Nothing to be sorry about, people not having problems while other people are having more problems is good data.

• Upvote 1

Am 22.2.2022 um 10:48 schrieb CRJay:

I personally feel very disappointed too, by the current state of the aircraft and haven't touched her for quite a while now (the aircraft). And one more time it is for a AEROSOFT product.
So i am holding off on buying the Twotter and other products from AS since a few months now and will be closly watching for Updates and Reviews on this otherwise beautiful airraft(s)

( And to be clear: I have tested the CRJ in a CLEAN MSFS install, many times. The screenshots, posted in this thread, are only a few made from my testing or normal flights. Not even covering SID and STAR issues i've noted, too

Oliver

• Upvote 3

Am 21.2.2022 um 21:33 schrieb Mathijs Kok:

Dear Mathijs Kok,

i don't know how testing is done from the Dev(s) , but since people seem to notice issues with North/South oriented flights, maybe that is a clue for your further testing. 
Maybe construct some routes North/ South  which have waypoints left/right of the direct North/South track or joining a North South bound track, with at least  <140 deg direction changes for example.
Easy to construct with SkyVectors drag&drop. 😉

Oliver

EKCH MONAK  PEROM  TAGOB  PODUS Z130 MAG  KILNU  ANELA  VESIX T105 MIQ EDDM

I don't know if it was like this pre SU8, but I think my first few flights the localizer set the appropriate course automatically and I flew the approach using the FMS as the nav source without issue.

I've since then had a handful of flights where I had to do a missed approach because the course was so off I was badly misaligned, then go around and set the nav source to LOC and set the course myself.  It's like it doesn't actually lock sometimes but I get a glide slope.

I'm pretty sure when it worked right I tried to change the course of the LOC and it wouldn't, so maybe the fact that on my failed attempts I could means something.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Joe Markowski:

I don't know if it was like this pre SU8, but I think my first few flights the localizer set the appropriate course automatically and I flew the approach using the FMS as the nav source without issue.

I've since then had a handful of flights where I had to do a missed approach because the course was so off I was badly misaligned, then go around and set the nav source to LOC and set the course myself.  It's like it doesn't actually lock sometimes but I get a glide slope.

I'm pretty sure when it worked right I tried to change the course of the LOC and it wouldn't, so maybe the fact that on my failed attempts I could means something.

Hi, this is a bit of a different story. (ILS/VOR tracking).

This thread should be all about (simple) LNAV tracking behaviour. 

NEVERTHELES another problem that needs to be looked at (again) !

Oliver

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just registered an account to leave this here :) This is how CRJ700 holds:

EDIT:

I just did what the author suggested in the 1st post, but its still unbelievably inaccurate.

• Upvote 2

March 30, haven't flown the CRJ this year, doing my 1st flight in 2022, still has the wobble issue, still no WXR, tsk tsk. Ask WT for assistance perhaps :) Or FBW....

The positive - it's still a beautiful plane and still easy on performance :)

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2022 at 1:28 PM, Tomcat_22 said:

March 30, haven't flown the CRJ this year, doing my 1st flight in 2022, still has the wobble issue, still no WXR, tsk tsk. Ask WT for assistance perhaps :) Or FBW....

The positive - it's still a beautiful plane and still easy on performance :)

I am sure this has been stated about 15K times .....  There is no working Weather Radar in the SDK for WASM Planes...  Talking to WT is not going to help ..  nor is FBW unless the help you want is for them to tell you to re-write your plane to be like their mods..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

After flying Working Title CJ4 for over 300+ Hours it was time for me to put my hands on newer aircraft , opted for CRJ and got into same LNAV issue as well as complete cockpit freeze once. 

I hope Aerosoft can take care of this issue ASAP , You guys should learn from Freeware Working Title CJ4 Project, they created very stable aircraft platform.