XP11 Configurator and Arrays

I’m trying to bind some switches to my Bravo for the Zibo. Some datarefs are quite simple, such as the one for the landing lights and the beacon. The ones for the nav lights and taxi a little more challenging. I found a few simple dataref that are not writable so that won’t do. The only writable one I found is that famous array containing 128 indexes called something switches (don’t have the exact name handy).

The Taxi light is the first index so index 0. In the configurator, I copy/pasted the “custom name” of the variable in it, entered 0 beside index and entered the appropriate value being 0 or 1 depending if the switch is on or not.

That doesn’t work.

Anything I may be overlooking?

• Aerosoft

Hi,

this "might" be related to an array handling issue which should be fixed in version 2.2.

Apart from that, you can check out this Alpha profile as it makes use of zibo lights to see which approach it uses.

I think you have the wrong terms... as far as I know, none of the lights for the Zibo are part of an array. They all have distinct datarefs.

Taxi lights are even easier as they can be accessed with simple commands, laminar/B738/toggle_switch/taxi_light_brightness_on and off.

If you're talking about Runway lights, those are writeable datarefs, laminar/B738/toggle_switch/rwy_light_left 1 or 0 and rwy_light_right 1 or 0.

For "Nav Light" there is no light labeled Nav in the B738... you'll probably want Wing or Logo light, I believe both of which have distinct commands as well.

Now the Toliss is a different beast.. every light seems to be part of an array.. pain in the arse for sure.

Yes I was able to locate the needed datarefs without using the array.

It is good news that there may be an issue with the configurator’s handling of arrays and that it should be fixed in the next update since I’m

sure it will become necessary for some aircrafts soon enough

Maybe a new version of the configurator will improve it, but I really think its best to only use the configurator for the various bravo LEDs/Indicators, the inc/dec dial and function selector. All buttons and switches for both the Alpha and Bravo can just be mapped via the xplane joystick configurator. 

If you're able to map more complex datarefs, arrays or commands in the configurator, you can probably also write, or edit a Fly With Lua script that will do the same for you, and then map those created functions in the xplane joystick setup page. Offers a lot more flexibility and IMO is a lot easier to edit and adjust compared to the clunkiness of the configurator.

• 1 month later...

I have been wrestling with a similar issue: I have been creating a Lua script to map the autopilot LEDs to AFDS modes of the Ramzzess 777. As part of that I have created an array Dataref to indicate the status of each LED and I have Lua logic that can flash the LED by alternating its state (for example of a mode is armed but not engaged). 

I can see that the dataref created by my script is being created properly but the Honeycomb configurator will just NOT read the indexed dataref value. I have been assuming I am doing something wrong, but it seems there may be an issue with the configurator on the LED side (the buttons array handling works fine btw) so it's not me after all!

Please: is this 2.2. version of the configurator available, even in beta?

Thanks

Archived