Flight Plan Differences Between CRJ and SimBrief and Navigraph

Mikey77

I've run into this a few times. SimBrief will use a STAR that I can not find in the CRJ FMS. Example: Flying into Portland, Maine (KPWM), SimBrief used the STAR CDOGG4 connecting with ILS runway 11. However, the CRJ FMS could only provide CDOGG3, which Navigraph knows nothing about. I imported the flight plan from SimBrief and had discontinuities I couldn't fix. I'm pretty new at this. Can anybody enlighten me?

This is the flight plan from SimBrief: DCT KLYNE Q29 JHW Q82 PONCT DCT CAM CDOGG4

I'm coming out of KDAY. They don't have any departure SIDS. You just have to fly direct to some waypoint like KLYNE. That seems to work okay. The CRJ FMS had a discontinuity between CAM and ILS11. It could not use the STAR CDOGG4.

Well, I got notified that there was an update. Do I have to do something to update the CRJ? I have the Navigraph FMS Data Manager, but I'm not sure what to do.

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you have a valid Navigraph subscription you can update the navdata in the CRJ via the Navigraph FMS Datamanager.

I opened Navigraph FMS Data Manager. It says I have no addons mapped. I performed a scan and it found nothing.

I purchased my CRJ through the marketplace in MSFS and I was able to update it to 1.0.9.

What do I do now?

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, in case of MSFS it can not be installed automatically by the FMS Data Manager. In the Navigraph Forum there is a post how to do it manually.

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Belga said:

You don‘t need to update the AIRAC manually. The FMS data manager doesn‘t work with MSFS but Navigraph released an app to install and update navdata.

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/navigraph-navdata-center-released/133

You are wrong, we are not talking about MSFS data, but the CRJ's navdata

19 hours ago, mopperle said:

You are wrong, we are not talking about MSFS data, but the CRJ's navdata

Well, actually I know what I‘m talking about.

Archived