Need some help installing FLS 2020 from the DVD box

Hi, I'm Frans from the Netherlands and new on this forum.
I'm facing some serious problems while installing FLS 2020.
I have purchased FLS 2020 Premium boxed (DVD) version. (€119 from amazon Germany)
After installing the 10x DVD I have entered the 10 digit code which come with the DVD box, so far all went well.
I have now become a screen telling me that I have to download a mandatory update, with a 25gb file size and that I can load the Premium upgrade total of 3gb.
So I started the update and to my surprise the download is not 25gb but 125gb. My question how is this possible, I installed the 10x DVD 80gb and on top I need to download another 125gb. My download speed is approx 30mbs
What is the purpose of selling me the 10x DVD box? I can live with the 25gb update.
I'm really disappointed what I'm doing wrong...Could some one advise me.

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi Frans,

Yes indeed, this is correcrt.
Since the release of the DVD, there have been numerous updates published.
These indeed totalise a big amount of new data, landscapes, optimisation, etc.
So 125 Gb is absolutely realistic.
In order to insure the best functionning, these updates are required to use the simulator.

Best regards.

Hi thanks for your reply, than I have purchased the wrong package. So I have 10x useless DVD's at home and have to wait for numerous day's before I can carry on.
This is some how a disappointing moment for me. In my honest opinion this should be mentioned while advertising the product by vendors. The way this product has been advertised at the moment, we call that misleading information.
Anyhow I'm downloading now for the third time over last 3 day's, did two re-installations so far been frustrated to the bone.

I'm wondering how people manage when they just have a 7,5mbs DSL internet connection. Most likely this product can not be sold to people living in the outback 😞

Thanks for your reply to my cry for help I really appreciate that, perhaps I should be more patience.

yours,

Frans.

PS.
One more question, do you know what happens with the content I installed from the DVD package, do I end up with a total installation of about 220gb on my hard drive??  For 90gb being DVD rubbish just space consuming?

• Aerosoft

Hi Frans,

This is a Microsoft Store product and it updates on regular basis like any other MS products actually.
These updates are positive.
These are enhancements, sometimes corrective patches.
If you need more info about those, please see this article published on our website
https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-update-microsoft-flight-simulator

All the data installed is used. The upgrades add or replace files.
They do not leave unused data.

Beste groeten.

36 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But if you would have bought the download version your would had to download even more and wait even longer.

Hi Mathijs,

Thanks for your reply.

Okay... I never realized that the installation of this would take so much patience and effort, than I have  to be more patience and see what it brings after this mega download.
Regarding the current progress I would expect my download will be finished in another day from now.

Yours,
Frans...

37 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi Frans,

This is a Microsoft Store product and it updates on regular basis like any other MS products actually.
These updates are positive.
These are enhancements, sometimes corrective patches.
If you need more info about those, please see this article published on our website
https://helpdesk.aerosoft.com/portal/en/kb/articles/how-to-update-microsoft-flight-simulator

All the data installed is used. The upgrades add or replace files.
They do not leave unused data.

Beste groeten.

Thanks...
I have no doubt about the up-dates and they will benefit but I feel sorry for those who have lower download rate.. they can not use the simulator  for ages.
Thanks for the hyperlink, I will check it out. Need to make the premium upgrade as well... but I understand that is peanuts in comparison with the mandatory update .. ':)

Have a nice day....,

Best regards,

Frans

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

But if you would have bought the download version your would had to download even more and wait even longer.

Hi Mathijs,
Question, do I have a possibility to save (store) the newest version on my hard drive? So for future re-installations (on the same PC system) I can use this particular file reducing download time and stress?

Looking forward to your reply, yours,

Frans.

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, Microsoft made the update in a way, that all updates are download as packed and encrypted files which are installed on the fly. There is nothing like an exe or zipfile you can download and store on your diskdrive. And you have no access to the tons of files which are being downloaded during an update.

6 minutes ago, mopperle said:

No, Microsoft made the update in a way, that all updates are download as packed and encrypted files which are installed on the fly. There is nothing like an exe or zipfile you can download and store on your diskdrive. And you have no access to the tons of files which are being downloaded during an update.

Mmmm thanks... for the reply....

rgrds,

Frans

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What you can do it backup the whole MSFSPackages\Official folder. 

Thanks Mathijs, yes that was in my mind as well.. I'll make an disk image after the install has completed. 
I'm now at 78% after 24 hour.... of downloading 😞

Manny thanks,

greetzzzzzzzzzzzzz from the land of the tulips 🙂 Frans

53 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I got a 2.4 Mb connection. I hear you.

Ha Ha... Mathijs...
For all who helped me... the incredible has happened, just one hour ago I made my first flight with MS  FS2020. After 27 hours of download and several re-attempts it finally came alive. 🙂

So thank you all.

Kind regards,

Frans

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived