Aerosoft Pro CTD P3D V5

PresidentWammy

Hi all

I understand there are multiple threads with this issue but none seem to work.

When I select the Aerosoft A320 family pro in P3D V5, there is always a CTD afterwards. If I select it straight from the opening screen, the sim crashes on start up. If I open with a default aircraft then change in sim, it takes about 10 seconds for the sim to freeze and crash. After both situations, there is nothing in the event viewer. I have turned my settings right down but this does not help. Default aircraft work fine.

I have Nvidia Driver Version 461.92 installed as per older threads. The airbus is installed to a folder that is not the P3D Main folder.

I am stuck as to what else to do, I feel like I've just wasted over £100 after buying both P3D and the airbus.

Any help would be appreciated.

A little update - there is nothing in the event viewer after going into sim in a default aircraft then changing to aerosoft but this appears when going straight into sim with the airbus.

Prepar3D.exe
      60db69bf
      g2d.dll
      60db6957
      c0000005
      00000000000f40b9
      4ac
      01d79689f2a3b7d7
      E:\Lockhead Martin\Prepar3D V5\Prepar3D.exe
      E:\Lockhead Martin\Prepar3D V5\g2d.dll
      7dad5319-f41c-4227-8a8e-dd0ac6d0c9e0

This can be a difficult issue to track down, but I assure you (as in 100%) that it is system related rather than related to our software.

The first thing I will tell you is that in MY Opinion the new options in P3Dv5 still have bugs which need to be worked out, and they will cause CTDs and performance issues.  Due to this I run P3Dv4 (for stablity reasons) even though I have P3Dv5 installed.  For more information on issues with P3Dv5 issues please visit the Lockheed Martin website/forum.

Next, I'm willing to bet that you are running P3D with evelated settings and you have Enhanced Atmospherics enabled.  I recommend you go into your P3Dv5 Display settings and select Reset Defaults, go into the World settings and disable Enhanced Atmospherics, then test with the Airbus to see if you still get the same error.  Also, be sure to boot into and fly around a Default airfield when trying to recreate the error.

If the above does not work then you should follow the information in the following post:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139141

My very best wishes to you!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem sometimes.

Today I departed from EDDF to KBOS. Everyhing was normal during loading, taxi and line up. Straight after take off my Sim gets frozen and never comes back alive (without any warning, without any entries in the event viewer).

I restarted the sim, did the same again and was able to finish the flight after 7 hours without crash.

I've really no idea what is causing this. I am seeing this only with the Aerosoft Airbus, without any other aircraft I havent any issue like this...

As much as I love the A330, it's always a game of chance whether it works or not: D

Archived