Fix for cockpit interaction issues introduced in Sim Update 5 (VR fix)

SteveFrost

I tried the workaround to wait over the button but I couldn't make it work. The moment I moved the mouse again, the knob was highlighted rather than the button in the middle of the knob.

Will try the utility/tool/fix tomorrow and see if it works over here.

Should also mention the biggest issue for me is the HDG knob. The BARO knob and its button is actually accessible if moving the cursor over it very carefully from below the knob and upwards and at a certain angle. Haven't been able to accomplish this yet with the HDG knob.

Just tried AerosoftCRJInteractionFixer1.0.15 but unfortunately, that didn't do anything over here. Nothing happened when I ran the .exe file.

Guess I'll just have to learn to live with this issue until it's officially addressed. Too bad though I couldn't get the workaround to work in the meantime.

vor 11 Stunden , WebMaximus sagte:

I tried the workaround to wait over the button but I couldn't make it work. The moment I moved the mouse again, the knob was highlighted rather than the button in the middle of the knob.

This is beacause you are not on Legacy controls (You use Lock instead...please switch to legacy)

• 4 weeks later...

this is still not fixed in the new 1/6/2022 asobo hot fix.  

i know aerosoft doesn't want to change the center button HDG and SPEED for the VR people.  then why not add a hidden click spot near those knobs so they can be used?  or assign to some key binding?

hovering the cursor over the knob and waiting 5 sec and shifting slightly may work on the ground but when interacting in a flight while banking and whatnot, it's just not possible.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 10:37 PM, WebMaximus said:

Just tried AerosoftCRJInteractionFixer1.0.15 but unfortunately, that didn't do anything over here. Nothing happened when I ran the .exe file.

Guess I'll just have to learn to live with this issue until it's officially addressed. Too bad though I couldn't get the workaround to work in the meantime.

Hey there where did you get the fix for .15 version please?

EDIT : All good found it on github

Cheers

AerosoftCRJInteractionFixer1.0.15 fix is not working for me even in Legacy mode. I can see the fix is installed in the Community folder, but it's not working. 

The original fix for v1.0.6 was working fine, but not this one.

Any suggestions, please?

• 5 weeks later...

This is a shame!

For months on end, there is no fix for a malfunctioning button press?

I fly the CRJ in VR, almost every day. It is such a nice product, and so far the only complex airliner I use. 

I admit it is really getting on my nerves that this small (but very annoying) malfunction has not been fixed by Aerosoft. 

• 4 months later...

Is an update for the current version planned? The tool says:

Checking package dependencies
Error: The Aerosoft CRJ must be version 1.0.6. Version 1.0.17 is currently installed.

Package generation failed

• 6 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 12:09 PM, SteveFrost said:

This tool has now been updated to work with the latest version of the CRJ, and support for the 900/1000 variants is included too.

https://github.com/StevenFrost/Aerosoft-CRJ-Interaction-Fixer/releases/tag/v1.0.2

@falcon55 @StanTGM @Pilot7478 FYI

thank you for fixing this mess.  of all the addons in msfs, only this crj model has this messed up mouse interaction bug for vr users.  the refusal on the part of the dev/publisher to address this bug in the past is just sad.