Fix for cockpit interaction issues introduced in Sim Update 5 (VR fix)

SteveFrost

dont  know   i  simply  right  click on  my  mouse(mouse becomes  a  arrow  again) than iam  able  to  click  on  the  centre buttons

18 hours ago, Chris Pope said:

This is a VR thing Pete not a flat world issue

This isn't true. The fix removes the need to right click knobs before being able to push them, both in and out of VR. It sounds like @pete_auau is perfectly happy right clicking, and that's fine, but it's a workaround not a fix.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have VR reverb G2 and crj's store version.

I deleted store version and install to community 1.06 version.

Next .Net and active this shared fix. 

Everythink was fine (patch succesful), however I have still instruments issues...

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Chris Pope said:

Can we switch from the store version to the aerosoft website version? I'd rather not have to wait for marketplace updates for stuff

You need to buy it again

I own the Marketplace version, so according to this thread I can not use the workaround.

I‘d be interested in hearing from Aerosoft staff if an official fix is planned and when it will be available.  

• Developer

I switched my XML to ASOBO_GT_Knob_Infinite_Push as well (I don't think this template existed when I created the CRJ animation code). It will be available with the next update which will coincide with the release of the CRJ-900 & 1000. I can't give you a specific date yet though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, Justin J said:

Why delete my comment? I am on topic, discussing getting updates and communication regarding this and other issues?

Moderators usually simply hide problem posts. That way other mods can see them and if warranted, cause them to be unhidden. I don't see any hidden posts of yours in this thread, and I'd be surprised if it was in fact deleted. Be that as it may, I suggest if it was in fact on-topic and provides assistance to the OP, you simply repost it.

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 7:15 AM, Hans Hartmann said:

I switched my XML to ASOBO_GT_Knob_Infinite_Push as well (I don't think this template existed when I created the CRJ animation code). It will be available with the next update which will coincide with the release of the CRJ-900 & 1000. I can't give you a specific date yet though.

knob interaction in VR isn't fixed with v10110...

Oh no! Just bought the 900/1000 upgrade and wanted to reinstall the fix. The fix installer will not work because  

"Error: The Aerosoft CRJ must be version 1.0.6. Version 1.0.11 is currently installed."

So that means, no VR flying with my new purchase... Maybe @SteveFrost can fix this again?

Vor 1 Stunde, GEK_the_Reaper sagte:

@Dirk1961 if you position your mouse pointer over the push button, let it dissapear, then slightly move your mouse for the coursor to reappear, the moment it is visible on screen, you can press it....I know...it´s a PIA

Okay - Yes. This works! Thanks. But still I hope they will bring a fix or SteveFrost can update his little tool.

@Dirk1981 Aerosoft implemented the same ASOBO_GT_KNOB thingie as SteveFrost did. Unfortunately it did not do the trick. In fact, this fix did never work on my end. I use a Quest 2 for VR and no fix (neither this nor the one Hans implemented) worked. I reported this internaly and my issue could be reproduced by ASOBO, meaning, there seams to be some sort of sim issue.

Since SU5 I can only do the "wait over the button" workaround to be able to click it.

• Thanks 2

I also continue to suffer from the button press issue (CRJ store version, flying in VR).

Hovering the mouse over the buttons works, but it takes a very long time, sometimes more than 10 seconds. That is not really viable during the more hectic portions of a flight, in particular approaches.

Unfortunately, in an otherwise flawless plane, this button malfunction kind of kills immersion - the holy grail for us VR simmers…

@StanTGM we know it's a PIA (I'm suffering myself from it but as explained, we need ASOBO to get this to work).

I struggled with the waiting (delay) myself also until I realized that:

1. I have to press the altimeter knob only 2x in one flight.

2. I don't realy need to press the IAS knob because it basicaly changes automaticaly (and if its the wrong value then I rotate it "2 mouse wheel" clicks)

3. Pressing the HDG sync is indeed the only knob I would like to press a lot but that can also be done by waiting and rotating which works flawlessly.

Basicaly neither of these knobs are essential in a "more hectic portion of a flight".

So to speak...yeah...  I would like to have it fixed and I'm "on it" (meaning...I stress Hans a lot with this) but...as described above, those buttons are IMHO not realy essential to a flight (more a convenience).

I hear you 🙂

…and don’t worry: I fly my CRJ almost every day, and the knob issue does not keep me from enjoying these flights! Yesterday’s rant was born from the small dissapointment about the update not fixing the issue.

I came to the same conclusion with the heading bug. Just rotate it!

Btw: is the heading knob press something you can do in the real plane, or is it just a sim convenience?