Incredibly low FPS at Airport Barcelona XP (version 1.1)

I have your Airport Barcelona XP scenery since October 2020 with the 1.1 update installed when it got out. However, I have a big trouble with it: The extremely low fps during approach phases to all available landing runways excepting rwy 20 (as it not used for them). My PC specs are the next:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 3070
RAM: 32 GB 3000 MHz
Hard disk: 1 TB SSD NVMe Gigabyte

To give an example: With the FF A320 or Zibo 737 I only reach 20 to 23 fps during the APP phase to the rwy 02 at night (with my PC its abnormal). Same happens with both 25R or 25L and 07L (day and night with this last rwy). I normally use Simheaven Europe XP (I know it quits a bit of fps - of course with this issue I must eliminate it from my scenery library -)

Is there any solution or a great update in the near future??

Cheers

The prove itself in an image (23 FPS, what the hell?) with few clouds (from Active Sky high performance textures). NVIDIA graphics driver also updated a few minutes ago. I don't know what and why is happening this to me.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

This sounds like a VRAM issue to me but I need some more information, could you please make a screenshot using the XP performance display for FPS and frametimes? If both frametimes for GPU and CPU rise dramatically together then this points to a VRAM issue (not enough VRAM > data is shifted to main RAM > CPU and GPU performance suffers). In Theory, if this is a VRAM issue, lowering some settings can help: Antialias and texture quality would be the first to test if lowering helps.

vor 20 Stunden , samgamyi27 sagte:

Both of them are. I'll change my motherboard in a few weeks and everything will change again. The chipset driver is fully updated. Very strange.

Then I'm afraid I'll have to pass. But FlyAgi is certainly the more competent help.

8 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

This sounds like a VRAM issue to me but I need some more information, could you please make a screenshot using the XP performance display for FPS and frametimes? If both frametimes for GPU and CPU rise dramatically together then this points to a VRAM issue (not enough VRAM > data is shifted to main RAM > CPU and GPU performance suffers). In Theory, if this is a VRAM issue, lowering some settings can help: Antialias and texture quality would be the first to test if lowering helps.

Here you have an example with the MSI Afterburner. 93% use of CPU... I don't think it's normal. I can show you with the framerate of X-Plane itself ;)

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

The MSU afterburner information is pretty useless in XP, I need the frametimes to see what's really going on and those you can see in X-Plane's own FPS display (press ctrl + shift + F to show/hide). So far it seems your are heavily limited by your CPU and I wonder how XP can use more than 80% of the CPU cores you have, this does not make sense to me - and this is why I want to see the frame times for CPU and GPU. 😉

• 4 weeks later...

Archived