Integral lighting brightness

SinusJayCee

I noticed that the integral lighting of the captain's and FO's side panel is much brighter than the integral lighting of the pedestal and the overhead panel. For example, when having the pedestal at full brightness it is same as bright as the a side panel at about 20% brightness.

Can someone confirm this and is this a know issue or somehow intended?

Thanks for the quick reply! I have no source saying this is wrong. I was just wondering whether this is intended.

Maybe one of the RL CRJ pilots (@Captflyby?) can comment on this topic. Otherwise I would of course trust you sources and knowledge about the plane that this is correct :)

SJC,

I have been getting used to the CRJ since purchase, and have been focusing on small problems related to simbrief flight plan installs, so I cannot say I have noticed this issue.

I will say, on my night flights that proper lighting is needed and important for me.

However with that said, I never run up the lights to high brightness, on a night flight; therefore even if one set of lights is brighter than the other, I would simply turn them down to match the level of illumination I desired.

I am not aware of the brightness levels in the real CRJ either.  Some engineer may have decided that one panel needed more illumination than the other.  Just speculation.

Going forward, I will take a look more closely at what you have mentioned.

Thanks for your reply!

Just for clarification: I usually don't run anything at full brightness either. For most lights, I have them not over 20% or 30% percent, which I find comfortable for the eyes during night flights. However, for the overhead and pedestal integral lights, I need to crank up the knob to about 90% to have them reasonably bright. In contrast, for the side panels, the knobs need to be turned just one or two notches.

I could imagine that for some reason those panels are brighter in real life as well. I could also think about technical reasons for this, e.g., same light bulb power for a smaller surface. If so, I would be really impressed that this is also implemented in the Aerosoft version :)

Archived