When is the next version being released

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

we had our first round of testing the X-Plane installer, which is the last barrier for the Windows release. Unfortunately, this one showed an issue, so we are in the process of creating a new one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Alexander:

now that we have the Windows version out the door, my next target will be getting the Mac version ready. In fact I have just gotten the first 2.2 Mac Configurator installement for testing...just need to find the time to get to it.

In tandem with that, I hope we can swiftly do the necessary adjustments for Linux. I will definitely let you know, once there is something new to test.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
Am 16.3.2022 um 17:08 schrieb Ariel Pinto:

Hi Ben, thanks for your updates, when can we expect a Mac 2.2 version?. Thank you.

Hi,

right now my goal is to move on to the Mac version beginning of April. I will keep you in the loop as to how it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Ariel:

as soon as the MSFS Brussels release is out the door, I am going to look into the Mac version again...once I have done that and am in a state to make a reasonable projection, I will come back in here with a status update. I suspect some time in the beginning of May.

Happy Easter!

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft
Am 4.6.2022 um 00:46 schrieb Goalkeeper:

Hi Ben,

How is the Mac version tracking? Thanks!

Hi and thanks for reminding me that I wanted to follow up in here as well. :)

So, a very quick and small status update: I have successfully compiled and run a test version of 2.2 for the "newer" M1 Mac in May...which is good. Unfortunately I don't have an "older" ARM Mac to test, so this has to happen at our headquarters. Which is what is currently happening...if this proves successful, we are good for a release.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I started this thread 12 months ago thinking that an updated version of HC software would be released pretty soon but looks like it’s not to be, for a bunch of reasons.  There’s been no update on this for ages that you have to wonder if there’s anyone working it. Maybe not?

I’m curious to know if a version for Mac owners is any closer to release? I’m fine with the current version but at the very least it would be good to stop those annoying messages flashing up on the screen every time you change or adjust something. 

@aerox334 good question.

My biggest issue with the current version (MacOS) is the inability to import a .json profile. Sadly this makes the Honeycomb configurator completely useless for me, as I've tried creating my own profiles for complicated airliners and failed consistently. The import feature fix would be a godsend, so I hope Honeycomb comes out with that long-awaited fix (>12 months).

It does appear for all intents and purposes this project is highly inactive to borderline dead.

My original email is almost now 12 months old with no release in sight.

@BenBaron Can you please at least share the Roadmap or project status of these tools? I would have expected updates to even the Windows version (like a bug fix patch release) in the last few months.

I think HC needs to think about the tooling ecosystem more - maybe the upcoming release of XP12 will have a lot of this stuff baked in?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Ben and Aerosoft,

what is going on? You take the time to answer other questions on this forum but you don't answer this one? People have spent a lot of money to buy this gear and Aerosoft is responsible for the software development including for Mac users,  not just for Windows. Please answer the question that people have been asking for ages - what is happening with this software for Mac users? 

• 3 weeks later...

Anymore news on a new Mac version please? A timeline would be appreciated.

You may not be making an Apple Silicon version available right now (As XP12 is still in beta) but do you even plan to? Without a native version in the future then as far as i can see Mac users cannot use the yoke or quadrant with XP12 without running it in Rosetta. Most developers i suspect will in time create native versions but given it has take over a year for you to release the latest  update for Mac I have my doubts if Aerosoft will?

I’ve given up with Aerosoft and Honeycomb - I won’t buy another Honeycomb product again (same with Hotstart as they don’t support their TBM product). In fact, I decided to purchase the Thrustmaster TPR pedals to replace my ageing CH Pro pedals and I couldn’t be happier - they are fantastic - who needs Honeycomb and Aerosoft when there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Honeycomb and Aerosoft have the lost the plot as far as I’m concerned. The level of support especially for Mac users just isn’t there anymore by both companies which is very disappointing but if this is what they choose to do then I’ll take my business elsewhere and I wouldn’t be surprised if others do likewise. 

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

On 10/7/2022 at 2:03 PM, jimsmac said:

Anymore news on a new Mac version please? A timeline would be appreciated.

You may not be making an Apple Silicon version available right now (As XP12 is still in beta) but do you even plan to? Without a native version in the future then as far as i can see Mac users cannot use the yoke or quadrant with XP12 without running it in Rosetta. Most developers i suspect will in time create native versions but given it has take over a year for you to release the latest  update for Mac I have my doubts if Aerosoft will?

I have also asked the same question above  to Honeycomb directly and am awaiting a reply!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looking for an update on this - would be great to have at least a beta build for Apple Silicon. @BenBaron you said you had a working 2.2 Apple Silicon build, any chance that could be distributed as beta?