A330 Slow FPS Drop

ClunkiestPage8

Hi everyone, 

I purchased the Aerosoft A330 Professional just a few days ago in order to expand my hangar and am so far quite satisfied with it, except for one major issue that I have experienced several times. Whenever conducting long haul flights, I start out with normal FPS (somewhere around 40-50 if I had to guess, I'm not exactly sure as I've never checked) but after a few hours the FPS drops to somewhere around 10. This is similar to memory leaks that I have experienced in the past with other aircraft in X-Plane for example, however I didn't notice anything unusual with memory usage in task manager. I don't experience this with any other aircraft in P3D V5.2, all of which have stable regular FPS. I've seen a few similar posts after digging a bit, but was unable to find any exact matches so figured I would make a new post in search of help. I would very much like to fly this aircraft again and it is currently more or less unusable as a result of this issue, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, ClunkiestPage8 said:

Hi everyone, 

I purchased the Aerosoft A330 Professional just a few days ago in order to expand my hangar and am so far quite satisfied with it, except for one major issue that I have experienced several times. Whenever conducting long haul flights, I start out with normal FPS (somewhere around 40-50 if I had to guess, I'm not exactly sure as I've never checked) but after a few hours the FPS drops to somewhere around 10. This is similar to memory leaks that I have experienced in the past with other aircraft in X-Plane for example, however I didn't notice anything unusual with memory usage in task manager. I don't experience this with any other aircraft in P3D V5.2, all of which have stable regular FPS. I've seen a few similar posts after digging a bit, but was unable to find any exact matches so figured I would make a new post in search of help. I would very much like to fly this aircraft again and it is currently more or less unusable as a result of this issue, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure I'll be able to assist you with this, however I do know we'll need to have your system specs.  Can you please provide?

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm not sure I'll be able to assist you with this, however I do know we'll need to have your system specs.  Can you please provide?

Thanks Dave, my specs are the following:

R7 2700x, RTX 2060, 32 GB DDR4, Tomahawk B450, 1 TB HDD (for P3D install)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Currently I‘m think of what it could be. Can you try to disable the logging in the configurator? Maybe the growing logfile is causing it.

Archived