VGP mode activating when selecting APPR

Hi, I’m in no way a CRJ expert so I may be doing something wrong.

when I level off at the FAF and arm approach mode, sometimes it goes into VGP mode so therefore the autopilot really does nothing.

if I fiddle with the MCP a bit I can usually get it to go into LOC1 / GS mode. Any tips to avoid going into VGP mode? Thank you guys.

I'm no expert either but, Yes I have it happen but only when I have VNAV enabled. Disabling that and ensuring the the localizer is properly tuned in NAV-1 I usually get GS. Don't wait till the last minute though..... lol.

56 minutes ago, rbringh said:

I'm no expert either but, Yes I have it happen but only when I have VNAV enabled. Disabling that and ensuring the the localizer is properly tuned in NAV-1 I usually get GS. Don't wait till the last minute though..... lol.

thanks for your reply rbringh. I'll make sure I turn off VNAV and have an altitude captured before arming approach next time, I think this may be the issue.

Archived