Import MSFS 2020 IFR flight plan into CRJ 700 FMS

I know about importing simbrief.

I would like to know if there is a way, after creating an ifr flight plan in MSFS 2020 world map, that it can be imported into the CRJ 700?

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Captflyby said:

I know about importing simbrief.

I would like to know if there is a way, after creating an ifr flight plan in MSFS 2020 world map, that it can be imported into the CRJ 700?

Thank you.

Howdy Capt!  Frankly I am not sure you would want to.  Having messed around with the in sim flight planning system, I found it so watered down and inaccurate that all I do is set a departure airport/gate and go.  I then use an imported simbrief plan or program a simbrief plan into the FMC.   One thing I have wanted to try (for months now and keep forgetting) is setting my arrival airport and gate also, then just hitting the Fly Now button to see if that places the gate crew where I want it to be. 

Crabby,

I had a little spare time and compared simbrief to hand load into the CRJ700. 

I also have a navigraph subscription, but it does not have an export feature for the CRJ, the *.flp format.

It does however, export in the msfs 2020 format, *.pln.

Thought maybe export from navigraph, better flight plan format, into msfs 2020 and that would automatically load into the CRJ, but it did not.

I found that the simbrief does load directly into the CRJ700 FMS but it is all messed up, with duplicates and discontinuities, and I had to clean then up.

Then I loaded the exact same plan but by hand.

Faster, more accurate and with runways, sids, stars and approaches.

So, I guess there is no real import at the moment for the CRJ, just load by hand if you want an accurate flight plan.

I download .flp plans for my CRJ all the time. Yes there will be a discontinuity, but no way its faster by hand. The CRJ .flp is a choice when downloading flight plans.

Flightplan Downloads

fmsdl_1.png
The SimBrief Downloader is now available!
Download and install all of your FMS files automatically
Download
Fo      

rbringh,

I'm going to have to agree with you that the "by hand" is longer.

But...I get as many as 4 duplicates on just one waypoint, and when you combine multiple waypoints, that is a task sorting out which is a legit waypoint and which is not.  Does not count the 6 discontinuities I had at last import.

The by hand method for me may not ultimately be any faster, but it is clean, and accurate...as long as my initial flight plan was such.

But I will keep trying the "flp" import as well.  This is something Aerosoft is going to have to fix.

Archived