Navigraph charts

Captflyby

I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I searched and could not find an answer.

I fly VR, in msfs2020, with CRJ.

I have a subscription to navigraph.

I have the current airac cycle installed in MSFS 2020 and in the CRJ.

The "flying database" is not what I am referring to.

I would like to know if the navigraph charts can be displayed in the MFD of the aircraft, or if there are plans to have navigraph "charts" "sids" "stars" etc displayed in the efb.

I know there is an add-on from navigraph that can have a box in VR display the charts, but that box is shimmering and is really not readable for any practical use. 

Having the charts in the efb or mfd, those screens seem to be much more stable in VR, that the screens are much clearer - no shimmering, easy to read.

I could find no info in the manuals about this, no info in the navigraph web site or on Aerosoft.

Does anyone have any information whether "yes" this can be / is being done, or "no".

Thank you in advance.

9 hours ago, Captflyby said:

I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

I searched and could not find an answer.

I fly VR, in msfs2020, with CRJ.

I have a subscription to navigraph.

I have the current airac cycle installed in MSFS 2020 and in the CRJ.

The "flying database" is not what I am referring to.

I would like to know if the navigraph charts can be displayed in the MFD of the aircraft, or if there are plans to have navigraph "charts" "sids" "stars" etc displayed in the efb.

I know there is an add-on from navigraph that can have a box in VR display the charts, but that box is shimmering and is really not readable for any practical use. 

Having the charts in the efb or mfd, those screens seem to be much more stable in VR, that the screens are much clearer - no shimmering, easy to read.

I could find no info in the manuals about this, no info in the navigraph web site or on Aerosoft.

Does anyone have any information whether "yes" this can be / is being done, or "no".

Thank you in advance.

I'll be honest.  In other aircraft (P3D and Xplane) where I had this feature it was "cool" but I found it to be at best minimally usable mainly due to size and the face that most of the time you have to move your "head" around to see them.  I find that running Navigraph on my laptop next to me is a more realistic and better all around experience.  I get charts that are readable and I can quickly and easily move from one chart to another without losing awareness of what is going on in the sim.  Could just be me though.  Now, what I am going to do is get an IPad to run them on in the near future. 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Captflyby said:

Thanks Crabby,  I totally agree with you, and would do that myself if I were not in VR.

Ah VR.  Yes that would make a difference.

Archived