Seatbelt announcements

In my last two flights, after update 1.0.6, there was an announcement mid-flight; "The captain has turned on the seatbelt sign. Please fasten the seatbelt." without me doing anything with the seatbelt knob. I double-checked that the seatbelt knob was turned off. This happened around TOD above FL 200. I have no idea what could have triggered the announcement.

8 hours ago, Puuhbear said:

Are you sure it was „Off“ and not „Auto“?

Yes, was so suprised by the announcement so I checked and it was OFF.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nothing changed in that module...  If other people see it as well we'll look for the issue.

Thanks. As soon as I get back in the sim I will report back if this is still an issue for me or not.

Hi

Had a new flight now. Vancouver to Kelowna. Just a second after TOC at FL290 the seatbelt announcement appeared again. Seatbelt was OFF, and was set to OFF at 10 000 ft prior to the announcement.

I may have set the thrust to the climb detent at the same time by a fault, but that shouldn't trigger the announcement?

Second flight today - Kelowna -> Tacoma Narrows - no announcements in this flight. Assuming it can have something to do with me using "climb detent" at cruise-level. Happened at cruise as my plane was 100-200 ft below and I wanted to make the adjustment to reach cruise level by adding a bit more throttle. This may have triggered the announcement. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 10:23 PM, TomAce said:

@Mathijs KokI have now noticed that the announcement always happens at TOD which is very strange. The knob is in OFF position.

I still get seatbelt announcement every flight at TOD. This occured after the last update of the CRJ. I have always turned on the seatbelt sign manually when decending past 10000ft before, but now it turns on automatically at TOD every time which is very irritating. The seatbelt knob is set to OFF (not Auto). Can Aerosoft please take a look at this?

I have the latest version bought directly from Aerosoft and I have also tried to delete and reinstall the plane.

I use SimBrief and download the flightplan and load it up in MSFS before I start a flight.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Really odd and random, it seems. I've done a couple of flights a day in the US and Europe, anywhere from FL210 to 350 and never had this happen. Nor do I get the announcement (not that I ever did) when during the sign on.

For those with this issue, which announcement set are you using, the standard one or the budget one? Maybe there's a link there, as I don't use the budget one, but will do so for the next few days to see if that's a trigger. If you forget how to choose, it's in the options menu in Dave. Or, if you get the "Sandwiches" announcement climbing through FL150, you have standard, if no announcement, the budget choice.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Really odd and random, it seems. I've done a couple of flights a day in the US and Europe, anywhere from FL210 to 350 and never had this happen. Nor do I get the announcement (not that I ever did) when during the sign on.

For those with this issue, which announcement set are you using, the standard one or the budget one? Maybe there's a link there, as I don't use the budget one, but will do so for the next few days to see if that's a trigger. If you forget how to choose, it's in the options menu in Dave. Or, if you get the "Sandwiches" announcement climbing through FL150, you have standard, if no announcement, the budget choice.

I use the standard one, but haven’t experienced this for the last month or so. And I agree with you; this is very odd and caught me by a big suprise when experiencing the announcement when reaching TOD.

Archived