Latest update 1.0.6

Captflyby

Just purchased CRJ 550-700 Update 1.0.6 full install due to the large number of simmers on this forum saying no problem.

Someone has a problem.  Me.  Brand new purchaser, 40 year simmer. 

All installed correctly.

Get into cockpit, start changing switches around to suit my taste, and CTD every single time.

I think ASOBO needs to get their act together.  There is no way this could be Aerosofts fault.

Too many CTD that dont involve Aerosoft.

In the mean time, my brand new jet, sits, unusable.

Update.  Managed to sneak past the MS CTD for a few flights.

This jet is simply amazing.

Smooth, easy to fly, avionics appear to be working as they do IRL.

As a RL pilot this is as close as it gets.

Thank you Aerosol!

I use an Intel Core I7 8700k with 32 GIG  3200Mhz ram Nvidia Geforce 2080Ti and
Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB SSD drive.

But I think to more accurately answer your question, is that the avoidance of the CTD was just dumb luck, as I believe this is a BIG issue that MSFS 2020 has yet to address.

I wish I could make a sticky that says "DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THE MARKETPLACE YOU CAN GET DIRECTLY FROM THE DEVELOPER/PUBLISHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now that being said, because there are a lot of people who have purchased from the marketplace NOT having any issues, these things almost certainly have to be related to local hardware.  I AM NOT saying it is your fault, just saying that for some reason it seems that the marketplace DRM is not playing nice with your particular system.  It appears that you have a MSFS acceptable processor so, the answer or where to look for the answer is above my pay grade.  However, please, in the future, buy from the developers/publishers.  I have two sceneries that I got on the marketplace.  That's it.  I wish I had not done it because I have no control over them and I get constant failures to update etc.  Fortunately I have not experienced a single CTD running a I7-9700KF, 2070 Super and an I don't know what brand it is TB NVMe.  I wonder if it did not install correctly and then with additional restarts of the sim it magically did?  I am literally guessing here and that is why I no longer purchase from the market.  I don't like to guess. 

Thanks for the assist crabby.

I have a team of IR techs with about 65 years total programming experience.

They rebuilt my flight sim VR system from the ground up, about 5 months ago, specifically because the MSFS 2020 was continuously CTD.

We finally got the msfs NOT to CTD, then I quit using MSFS 2020 for about the last 5 months.

Now, after this update 5, it seems the CTD is back, which leads me to the obvious conclusion that it is MSFS 2020 breaking everything.

One of my programmers has over 40 years experience.  He builds real world, full size, military sims for real world military s around the world.  That's where I learned to build sims, before VR came into my focus.

He tells me that he can produce a whole body of code that works, then suddenly stops working for no apparrent reason.  He then builds a "patch" to "fix" the problem, and the problem stops.  Then, down the road, the fix stops working for no apparent reason.  He removes the "fix" patch, and all works as it should and was originally designed to do.  He says code gets so complicated, that even the programmers sometimes have no clue.

So the moral of the story is, it is my guess the MSFS 2020 has created a monster that they do not even know how to control.

14 minutes ago, Captflyby said:

So the moral of the story is, it is my guess the MSFS 2020 has created a monster that they do not even know how to control.

I think that monster to control is just every piece of software I have ever used since Basic on the Texas Instruments TI-99a.  You should see me banging heads with the software engineers at our company. 

Archived