CRJ7 + MSFS2020 freezes flying EPKK to LOWW after trying to input or edit flight plan in FMS

When flying EPKK to LOWW (I think the same problem exists on the return flight too - LOWW to EPKK - but did not confirm), if you try to enter the flight plan manually, the FMS will freeze and so will the aircraft, and MSFS. The game actually works in the background, but all user interactions are frozen.

====

Situation 1:

Flying EPKK to LOWW today, when entering the MIKOV waypoint into the FMS, everything froze.

====

Situation 2 after PC restart:

EPKK to LOWW, same flight plan (attached below), I entered the flight plan via the load feature in the FMS (EPKKLOWW -> Exec). Flight plan loaded. I took off and started flying. Around TUSIN on the route, I wanted to get rid of the discontinuity at MIKOV. As soon as I pressed MIKOV in the FMS on the legs page, everything froze. I could confirm that Volanta was still updating my position, so in theory I was flying, but with everything frozen, I couldn't do anything. I couldn't close MSFS either (same as situation 1) - had to kill it.

====

Situation 3 after PC restart:

I flew EPKK to LOWW successfully by loading the flight plan from file via FMS, as above in situation 2, but this time I did not touch anything on the LEGS page. Wien Rader (VATSIM) vectored me into the ILS 16 RWY because of the discontinuity I could not fix (I assumed it would freeze again).

====

This has happened to be on this route on both v1.0.5.0 and now on v1.0.6.0. Unfortunately I do not recall the exact route I took the previous time I flew. Flying this route with an A320neo / A32NX is fine.

Please login to display this image.

I have had 4 successful flights from EPKK to LOWW and LOWW to EPKK. Two of them resulted in the problems above.

Flight 1:

Flight 2 (forgot to load flight plan into Volanta):

Flight 3 (CRJ would not climb at the start; another topic, haven't had it happen in a long time):

Flight 4 (today):

====

Hopefully this data can help you find the problem. If you need anything from me - specific tests, routes, etc. - just contact me and I will try to accomodate as best I can.

EPKKLOWW_MFS_15Aug21.pln

@Moridin I have entered the FPLN manualy into the FMS and did not encounter any issues. I'm on default nav data where the SID is called TUSI3J (RW25). I choose MIKO7W STAR with ILS APPR RW29 and VECT transition.

The first DISCO / double entry was MIKOV - disco - MIKOV where I simply clicked the last MIKOV WP and pasted it over the first MIKOV entry.

Another DISCO was due to the vect transition which I removed by copying the next WP in the boxes.

I did not do the flight but up to this point nothing weird has happened.

I did create another .PLN and comapred it with yours (there are some differences due to nav data I think). Here the file. 

EPKKLOWW_MFS_18Aug21.pln

7 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I did create another .PLN and comapred it with yours (there are some differences due to nav data I think). Here the file. 

Just to clarify, I am using Navigraph AIRAC 2108 (latest) and ofc it could be causing this issue, or perhaps there's some sort of incompatibility between it and the CRJ.

I can try to replicate this again and record a video, if you'd like. Just let me know.

vor 13 Minuten, Moridin sagte:

Just to clarify, I am using Navigraph AIRAC 2108 (latest) and ofc it could be causing this issue, or perhaps there's some sort of incompatibility between it and the CRJ.

I read that and thats why I mentioned that I didn't install any other NAV Data into the sim or CRJ to try to find out if maybe the new Nav Data has an issue or the CRJ beeing incopatible with it.

If you can replicate the crash, it would be interesting to know if it crashes also with "vanilla" NAv Data.

4 hours ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I read that and thats why I mentioned that I didn't install any other NAV Data into the sim or CRJ to try to find out if maybe the new Nav Data has an issue or the CRJ beeing incopatible with it.

If you can replicate the crash, it would be interesting to know if it crashes also with "vanilla" NAv Data.

Game plan:

Replicate the flight from EPKK to LOWW with Navigraph. If it freezes again, I'll unload Navigraph and see again.

PS. I flew that flight on VATSIM. I wonder if that could in any way influence anything.

Maybe I have the similar problem which I described in the other another topic.

I also recorded a short movie which demonstrates this problem and shows all my steps. I hope it helps.

On 8/18/2021 at 7:18 PM, GEK_the_Reaper said:

I tried to replicate the exact circumstances of the previous flight, where it froze. This time there were no problems.

Archived