VATSIM + vPilot + no lights on other player's aircraft

I recently and finally joined VATSIM, so I've been focusing on flying manned airports and airspaces. Today, most of my flying was at night and I noticed that all traffic (apart from me) had their lights off.

I searched for a solution but didn't find anything that would help.

Is this a known problem and can anything be done about it? Phantom planes in the middle of the night are scary! (-:

Attached photo: A320neo on approach to RWY25 behind me at EPKK (Orbx). Can't see it? Neither did I, but it was there, talking to ATC, on Volanta, and everything.

Please login to display this image.

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Hi,

I'm assuming you're using vPilot, so I managed to find this post over on the Vatsim forum: https://forums.vatsim.net/topic/30795-not-all-aircraft-have-lights-on/

It looks like this is something within vPilot. Have you tried updating to the Beta branch?

[12:21:44] vPilot version 2.8.1
[12:21:44] Performing version check...
[12:21:44] Version check complete. You are running the latest version.

Yes, on beta channel. If this is indeed vPilot's fault, then patience is a virtue, and it will probably get fixed faster than through Asobo.

Thank you for the reply. My search did not find that topic. Spent a lot of time researching it last night.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Moridin said:

[12:21:44] vPilot version 2.8.1
[12:21:44] Performing version check...
[12:21:44] Version check complete. You are running the latest version.

Yes, on beta channel. If this is indeed vPilot's fault, then patience is a virtue, and it will probably get fixed faster than through Asobo.

Thank you for the reply. My search did not find that topic. Spent a lot of time researching it last night.

No problem! It doesn't look like there are many posts about this, so it might be worth posting it in the vPilot section on the Vatsim forums since the developer is pretty active there.

4 hours ago, Mugz said:

Seems problem in SIM, i also not see Lights on any generic traffic aircrafts

Temporary fix for this is on flightsim.to. Search for "temporary fix lights" or something similar.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived