Turnaround State - Some Buttons in Incorrect In/Out Position

The Packs buttons and External Power Buttons are push-to-toggle buttons, and in is "on" and out is "off".

In the case of the Turnaround State, the aircraft loads with those buttons in the "out" position and the "on" state, which is contradictory.

To correct it, one needs to cycle the buttons off and on, so their positions are representative of their actual state.

EDIT: Just to clarify, this does not impact function at all, just the appearance. Not sure if the same issue exists for other states.

For example, I just loaded into the CRJ and I'm looking at the Packs buttons. Those show Fault, which I understand means they're in the "on" state, but they're also in the "out" position:

Please login to display this image.

Clicking the LEFT pack to turn it off, position hasn't changed, just the indication:

Clicking LEFT pack again, it's now showing the same indication as the RIGHT pack, but it's in the "in" position. State and Position are now in sync:

Same exercise can be done with the external power AC button, but I won't demonstrate it because the IRS alignment is an ordeal:

A couple other items for consideration for the turnaround state:

1) Nav light is off when loading Turnaround. I would expect it to be on since the aircraft is powered

2) The ATC is set to 1, but I would expect it to be on standby since I'm parked at the gate.

Thanks for a great aircraft

Bill

• 5 months later...

These haven't been addressed in the latest updates since this post; the buttons still initialize in the incorrect state, even though the underlying subsystem initializes with the correct selection (e.g., packs on even though the pack button is out)

Archived