Inaccurate altitude in 1.0.6.0

Mocha

4 minutes ago, Mocha said:

My cruise altitude was FL330, both PFDs we're showing FL330, then I  noticed that I was at 350 on both Volanta and Vattastic.

This is a commonly reported thing on many aircraft in MSFS, it's not just the CRJ. Fly the CJ4 or A320 and you'll experience the same thing.

MSFS now utilizes ISA deviation in order to calculate pressure altitude, just like in real life, if it's cold outside, your aircraft will be lower than it indicates, and vice versa. Although the calculation method Asobo uses can be significantly improved, this is normal and expected behavior.

Just now, amahran said:

This is a commonly reported thing on many aircraft in MSFS, it's not just the CRJ. Fly the CJ4 or A320 and you'll experience the same thing.

MSFS now utilizes ISA deviation in order to calculate pressure altitude, just like in real life, if it's cold outside, your aircraft will be lower than it indicates, and vice versa. Although the calculation method Asobo uses can be significantly improved, this is normal and expected behavior.

Has that always been the case? I've never noticed it in any other aircraft but tbf I never checked, but I'm sure Vatsim controllers would notice that I'm flying 2000ft higher than my files cruise altitude?

1 minute ago, Mocha said:

Has that always been the case? I've never noticed it in any other aircraft but tbf I never checked, but I'm sure Vatsim controllers would notice that I'm flying 2000ft higher than my files cruise altitude?

It has been that way since Sim Update 5. Every controller on VATSIM has been calling out MSFS users relentlessly lol

18 minutes ago, amahran said:

It has been that way since Sim Update 5. Every controller on VATSIM has been calling out MSFS users relentlessly lol

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying

The hotfix addressed this, so the altitude shows correctly for controllers now AFAIK.

There is a difference between actual altitude and altitude at standard pressure (29.92/1013) -- things like VATSPY/SIMAWARE/VOLANTA will always show a higher altitude (usually) due to temps as that shows the TRUE altitude, vs the adjusted altitude. Nothing to be worried about, it's standard.

Archived