"North Bug" still present ?

Dear support, @Mathijs Kok

i am flying this route with 1.06 of the CRJ700: 

GCFV/01 VASTO4Z VASTO UN858 AKUDA DCT IXOLI DCT BJA DCT EVURA DCT
INBOM DCT ABLEG ABLEG6C LPPR/35

NOTE:  Delete waypoint "BJA" manually, since this is a duplicate waypoint, which was wrongly picked by the FMC.  I was not able to input the correct one into the flightplan as well !!!

Between AVREM and SULAM wpt, the CRJ left the course and had to be manually corrected to go back on route.
A "Direct to", using ANY waypoint on that notherly segment, did not cure the LNAV.

Oliver

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I just tried this departure from Fuerteventura but everything between LTE and VASTO was flown just fine. Do you remember what weather conditions you had when you made the flight?

vor 56 Minuten, Hans Hartmann sagte:

I just tried this departure from Fuerteventura but everything between LTE and VASTO was flown just fine. Do you remember what weather conditions you had when you made the flight?

This is just strange !!.  Winds/Weather were just fine.  As you can see from the first screenshot the a/c is just going straight out from LTE, not even trying to turn.
When you start to see the corrections, that was me trying to go direct to the next waypoint via FMC and then correcting to the LEG, trying to go direct to waypoints again, bc nothing fixed the behaviour .

First time it worked as expected was correcting to the LEG VASTO - SULAM  (which is away from the northbound track).  

After that the flight went as expected.
I got a bit slow on the approach, but i could easily catch the GS again from about "one+ dot" below, by correcting the speed nicely with adding thrust.
There the GS never caught again (LOC/GS remained green). I went AP off and continued down visually and landed.

(Different story, reported already as a follow up on a different thread)

BTW: Navigraph sub

Oliver

@JetNoise

@Hans Hartmann

I do not think this is the North bug. The swinging is caused by yourself as you said.

I Thingk about  2 other “bugs” though

1) when taking off and switching on NAV / Speed / autopilot … the next waypoint is purple … NAV is not working SOMETIMES. When i switch the NAV button off / on again … it picks the the missed wAypoint up again ( still being purple after the miss ).

in your first screenshot j think this happened because the initial turn is nice and smooth back to that missed wp ( suggesting auto pilot turn ) Then you start to trying to intercept the FP yourself ( because you do not want to head back to LTE )  but overshooting etc etc …. Indicated by the more wobble flightpath west overshooting the FP.

2) when the turn or angles are to angled … the AP turns in hard and then trying to swing back… overshooting again … swing back etc etc. Its the angle … not the North bug ( at least for me it is happening at almost every sharp turn… although less extreme then before  )

point 2 is happening since day one and is slightly improved but the wobble still is there after all that time unfortunately.

after the north bug fix i never encountered it again in dozens of flights ( many going north 🙂

when the NAV bug happens i always select a “direct to” the next waypoint in the fmc … and then it normally picks up the FP from that point on 

hope this helps

vor 38 Minuten, DGH sagte:

@JetNoise

@Hans Hartmann

I do not think this is the North bug. The swinging is caused by yourself as you said.

I Thingk about  2 other “bugs” though

1) when taking off and switching on NAV / Speed / autopilot … the next waypoint is purple … NAV is not working SOMETIMES. When i switch the NAV button off / on again … it picks the the missed wAypoint up again ( still being purple after the miss ).

in your first screenshot j think this happened because the initial turn is nice and smooth back to that missed wp ( suggesting auto pilot turn ) Then you start to trying to intercept the FP yourself ( because you do not want to head back to LTE )  but overshooting etc etc …. Indicated by the more wobble flightpath west overshooting the FP.

2) when the turn or angles are to angled … the AP turns in hard and then trying to swing back… overshooting again … swing back etc etc. Its the angle … not the North bug ( at least for me it is happening at almost every sharp turn… although less extreme then before  )

point 2 is happening since day one and is slightly improved but the wobble still is there after all that time unfortunately.

after the north bug fix i never encountered it again in dozens of flights ( many going north 🙂

when the NAV bug happens i always select a “direct to” the next waypoint in the fmc … and then it normally picks up the FP from that point on 

hope this helps

Pls read my posts again. You are missing my point or I am not clearly explaining what happened.

Nevertheless thank you for trying to help 😁😁

Oliver

@JetNoise

noted on the “direct to” still point ine and probably 2 also are valid right ?

it not the “north bug” as we had it. This could have happened south also ( both my point happen in all directions)

vor 43 Minuten, DGH sagte:

@JetNoise

noted on the “direct to” still point ine and probably 2 also are valid right ?

it not the “north bug” as we had it. This could have happened south also ( both my point happen in all directions)

I'll definitely check that out one more time, maybe tomorrow, GMT, 

I'll report back.

I do not outrule a conflict with any of the following mods:

G1000 NXI, G3000, GNS 750/650, GNS 430/530.

Oliver

Archived