Trim too sensitive on Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo trim wheel since SU5 in CRJ 550/700 - fix ideas?

So my trim is bound to that left double thumb button on my Honeycomb Alpha and the trim wheel on the Honeycomb Bravo.

Behaviour before SU5:

• One click of the thumb button would change the CRJ’s trim by 0.1, e.g. from 7.5 to 7.4 (trim value on EICAS in CRJ).
  • One small turn of the trim wheel would change the trim by 0.03 or so, because I had to make 3 small movements to get a 0.1 change, e.g. from 7.4 to 7.5.

Behaviour after SU5:

• One click of the trim button adjusts the trim by 0.2-0.3, e.g. from 7.5 to 7.7/7.8. This varies between clicks - 0.2 or 0.3 seems random.
  • One turn of the trim wheel adjust the trim by 0.15-0.2, e.g. from 7.5 to 7.3.

This means I can rarely dial in the trim properly according to the EFB Perf page and it’s way to sensitive on approach.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Edit:

Just to clarify, this increased sensitivity happens on all aircraft so it’s not a CRJ issue, but a MSFS or Honeycomb one.

• Aerosoft

Do you have any other non-Honeycomb device you could use for trim setting ?

Just for test. Assign a button of any other joystick or quadrant to the trim and check if the behavior is the same.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, SimWare said:

Do you have any other non-Honeycomb device you could use for trim setting ?

Just for test. Assign a button of any other joystick or quadrant to the trim and check if the behavior is the same.

Thank you.

I could try with my old TQ or joystick! I’ll test this too.

OK tested it with keyboard, Saitek X56 HOTAS, Alpha and Bravo. Made a short video to display the issue. Trim, before SU5, was around 3x less sensitive. I have no idea how to reduce this sensitivity now.

(Video still processing, it's in 4K, shouldn't take long I don't think.)

15 minutes ago, SimWare said:

It seems the input pulse low-pass filter is cutting too slow.

Ooh. Let me know if you need more tests. Also, English please! 😆 Can I do anything about it?

If you have FSUIPC you can map the trim there and get control of the sensitivity.

The offset to map is x0BC0 (Offset SWord Increment/Decrement) and the parameter is 256/16383 for trim pitch up and 256/-16383 for trim pitch down. If you find that the trim is too sensitive you change 256 to 128, 64 or 32. Works like a charm and it let's you have different sensitivities for different aircraft.

39 minutes ago, zenit_swe said:

If you have FSUIPC you can map the trim there and get control of the sensitivity.

The offset to map is x0BC0 (Offset SWord Increment/Decrement) and the parameter is 256/16383 for trim pitch up and 256/-16383 for trim pitch down. If you find that the trim is too sensitive you change 256 to 128, 64 or 32. Works like a charm and it let's you have different sensitivities for different aircraft.

Can I use Axis And Ohs for this?

With SPAD.neXt I have the trim using the Increment or decrement the trim value by 1%....

So for me the sensitivity has not been effected....  And the Trim issue has been posted in the MSFS forum and apparently acknowledged that they are looking into it....

I think (again I don't bind in game... so not direct experience) that for some planes it was to "weak" and they bumped  it up...

I also read that  people were saying the 10 degree heading bug was back -- which before had to do with the Alpha and the fact that all of the "switches" are actually buttons and the Sim would basically be repeating  the event over and  over....  On another Alpha note (I have an Alpha and my Bravo just arrived!!!) the Alpha is repeating events at 10hz cycle which is crazy fast... most devices repeat events are  done a 25hz ...  Which yeah... if the sim is getting 3x the events on a click... could see that ...

On 8/14/2021 at 9:00 PM, LesOReilly said:

With SPAD.neXt I have the trim using the Increment or decrement the trim value by 1%....

So for me the sensitivity has not been effected....  And the Trim issue has been posted in the MSFS forum and apparently acknowledged that they are looking into it....

Ideas how to get this done in AAO? Not sure how to properly do it.

10 hours ago, Moridin said:

No I do not have or use AAO .... The Sim variable that I Increase or Decrease is ELEVATOR TRIM PCT   ---  That works in well Percent :)

• Aerosoft
On 8/18/2021 at 8:22 AM, Moridin said:

Hi Moridin,

If you are using AAO, please check this tutorial.
It may be helpful. 

Best regards.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:35 PM, SimWare said:

If you are using AAO, please check this tutorial.
It may be helpful. 

I have been testing this setup for 2 days now and it works perfectly, thank you.

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, Moridin said:

I have been testing this setup for 2 days now and it works perfectly, thank you.

Hi Moridin,
You are welcome, glad it works.

Best regards.

Archived